Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A poem, from the real me to the real you

DanDrisco January 31st

Good day to you all,

I have began to express my self, as well as my feelings, in writing. Last night one of my shadows showed face to me, so instead of doing my usual cry and wither away into a ball, I chose to write a little poem while crying and withering into a ball πŸ˜…

I dedicate this to everyone who struggles from the rising heat of the sun to the lingering cold of the moon. I promise you all one thing, if you learn to forgive and accept your inner self and deny the words and actions of others around you, it will get better in due time. Many have become accustomed to the instant gratification of dopamine from these phones that they forgot what true emotions feel and look like, which is why many of us on here feel so alone. As long as this broken heart of mine that I try to mend pumps, you will never be alone. Never forget that. ❀️‍πŸ”₯

Inside lives a God

So lonely and bright

The light is fading away

Soon to lose sight

The flame once burning

So vibrant and right

The cold now approaches

Throughout the dark night

A kite in a dream

Ready to take flight

An ocean will wake

Crashing with might

Still to push forward

Through this endless fight

Do not ask for help

It will be alright

Keep the eye North

Such a great height

A lip, a cheek, a tongue

Forgotten to bite

Heather225 February 1st

@DanDrisco

This is beautiful and I do agree that instant gratification is diminishing our capacity for authentic emotion. Thanks for sharing your insights and this great poem.

DanDrisco OP February 1st

I was guilty of doom scrolling, playing video games for hours and arguing with strangers on the Internet. When my father passed, that was where I disconnected and seen how bad the situation truly is. It's a very lonely and emotionless world I woke up to in my immediate surroundings and it hurts every day, so I just want to let those on here feel some sort of comfort in this confusing world.

Dannyduck February 6th

@DanDrisco

Hey there Dan. I found your poem to be quite good. The dedication really spoke to me. It felt like it related so personally to me. I thank you. In the poem itself, I heard longing and resilience. A weathering of life's storms by never giving up. You really highlight this with the verse:

Still to push forward/Through this endless fight...    In the end I hear a longing filled, if you only reach for it. Thank you for speaking such beautiful sentiments. Danny 😊 

DanDrisco OP February 6th

Good day to you Danny,

For the last year I have been in search for the one thing that I was good at, but it seems that im too Good to a fault. I put my heart into my poems or writings with no real endgame other than to share it for the reason in which you have found.

I am happy that it relates to another. It has been a very tough road I have been on to rediscover this gift, but as of my latest creation it has only come back to haunt me. I hope to keep finding the right way to inspire others to find what they always loved doing. Seeing others become better to themselves is inspiring to me.

I hope you and yours are well, and know that I will ring my tree of prosperity for you and everyone tonight.

Dannyduck February 6th

@DanDrisco

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm glad you feel so much pride in your writing. You deserve that same pride in yourself. I believe in you. Danny

@Dannyduck

Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure to share future writings with you, and hopefully someday I will finish this small book that I am working on with you as well as any who may find value in it.

The bells on the tree have sounded for you and yours. I hope it brings you any wish you ask for πŸ€œπŸ»πŸ€›πŸ»

@Dannyduck

After giving the tree a shake, the bells as well as your kindness, inspired this short quip.

Shaping the branches of The Prosperity Tree

Silk petals riddled with dust

Wiping away the sands of time

Polishing the bells is a must

Hanging some new pieces for luck

A marble base and a wish I trust

The Tree of Prosperity receives new life

A shake by a hand now covered in rust