Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Crafting Inspirations

SoulfullyAButterfly June 11th, 2023

birmingham-museums-trust-wklhsoorvbg-unsplash_1686465809.jpg

What inspires you for your art/craft projects?

This can be a favorite artist, a technique or even everyday items or events. Feel welcome to share specific stories and find inspiration from each other's replies.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 11th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I feel most inspired by nature, I feel, or just one of those times there's some thoughts following an observation or an experience in life, and art is always a good way to express!💛

purpleTree4652 June 11th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hi, Butterfly,

If I have a feeling that I need to let out, I turn to art to express it.

lthelonewolf21 June 13th, 2023

For me, it's most tiny little things and they change from time to time. At the moment, I draw every butterfly I see as a human character.

But mostly I get inspired by people I see on the street or nature.

healingRainbow16 August 23rd, 2023

I really like doing watercolours,and for inspiration I turn to pinterest and some pages on other social media.i love painting flowers and just scrolling through art pages makes me inspired to do it.

BlissfulBue August 24th, 2023

I literally Google something, and pick from there😅🙊😬

politePeach9642 August 28th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Sometimes I craft out of necessity. One time, I knitted dresses for my child’s dolls so I wouldn’t have to buy any 😜

Alambo905 August 30th, 2023

That's amazing, I've done something similar for my nieces😅😊

politePeach9642 August 30th, 2023

@YourListener00

Cool! I like that it doesn’t take as much time as it would a life-size clothings, but I don’t like that it can stretch so much that it can look like holes. I wonder if crocheting is better.

I crochet, it really depends on the type of stitch, yarn quality and needle-thread compatibility and finally the wear and tear. I've crocheted mini gowns, capes and skirts for dolls, as well as life size jackets and ponchos, from what I've seen and know the project really withstands the great trial its put through (if you know what I mean 😜) without much visible holes.

I've tried knitting as well, just the basic purl but my hands started aching real bad and have paused for now, but i really fell in love with the lovely fabric texture😍

I'd say give crochet a shot if you're open to the idea 😉

politePeach9642 August 30th, 2023

@YourListener00

Wow, that’s really awesome how much you can do with crocheting- I might give it a try 😀

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I've always loved spending time on art and crafts projects. I gain inspiration from day to day life and am most creative when it comes to gifting something to someone, this idea inspires me to find, make and get lost crafting the perfect gift.

wallflower79 August 30th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly I like to paint outdoor scenes. Usually I imagine that I am creating a world where there is no pain or loneliness or problems, and all of the people I think of that could live there are happy. I'm a loving creator, I just wish I could be part of that world.

WorkingitThrough2 October 11th, 2023

@wallflower79

What a beautiful thought. Have you made you like a serene garden for just the purpose of using it as a Mindfulness garden with all the things you like in it?

image_1697004918.png

Moonlight778 August 31st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly I tend to get most in movies, series, music and games. Whether it's original or not, they give you ideas on how to start and complete your craft.

0B August 31st, 2023

Everything, from scenery, media, and other artists.

WorkingitThrough2 September 9th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I like to do many types of DIY projects. I am a creator. I had a shop that I named Rags to Riches.

Why because I can take the trash and make beautiful projects from it. Knitting, crocheting, candy crafts, gift baskets, dolls, concrete crafts, outside projects, gardening, stripping, and refinishing furniture. ect...

politePeach9642 September 29th, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2

That’s awesome! Do you sell them online?

WorkingitThrough2 September 30th, 2023

@politePeach9642

Thanks for asking, No I don't sell online only because what I make is one of a kind and it takes time to make things that they may not be willing to wait.❤️

007noori October 4th, 2023

I see inspiration where others don't see art. I am portrait photographer and realized people have become so used to their images being taken by phones. that when i show them their photos form a dslr camera there reactions tend to give off vibes which is unpleasant. I still love taking photos just wished others see it the way I do.

WorkingitThrough2 October 4th, 2023

@007noori

Hello, I just want to say, you keep doing what makes you happy, and what you love doing that is alright, and I am proud of you for being able to go against other people's opinions.❤️

Do what you love😊

RogueOne1983 October 11th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly mostly how I feel what mood I am in what season is it, and nature!