Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Artist's Block

Humaymay July 26th, 2023

Hi everyone 😊 I wanted to see if anyone has any helpful tips for art block. I've been trying to get back into painting and drawing but every time I'm in front of a blank page, I can't bring myself to put anything on it.

Any suggestions would be super helpful ☺️

GwydionRowan July 27th, 2023

@Humaymay most the time when I get art lock it feel so demotivating to even try and put pencil to paper. I start most things off in am abstract way whay ever way the pencil moves it will take time to find a shape to spark something but just keep adding or making new ones.

Humaymay OP July 27th, 2023

@GwydionRowan thank you so much for the tip. I'll definitely try it☺️ I've never been a big abstract person but if it can help with an art block I'm definitely going to do it

@Humaymay I got more way but I’ll have to send them later

@GwydionRowan thank you! I'm really excited to hear about them

@Humaymay sometimes on my Pinterest I find really cool body references I don’t draw people much but I love seeing the different poses and how they add to a character and their personality. When I am designing a character I always look for a pose first.

You could try a different medium but you would need to get the material but I do think it’s fun to find pictures and try to copy then just to get an understanding of how to and cuz they look cool

I also do art as a subject so that really does help force me into making art I find that the themes and topics really help the artworks come along.
Heyhappylistener July 27th, 2023

@Humaymay I would suggest to do relaxing scribble art or mandala. you can see it here https://youtube.com/shorts/H3AK60ph4EI?feature=share

@Heyhappylistener that looks so cool and so relaxing! I'm definitely giving this a chance ☺️

SolitaryFairy August 8th, 2023
  • I always set a reasonable amount of time because the infinity of time freezes me.
  • I give a random topic/theme. Even better if it is ridiculous. (Potato peel, matted dog hair...)
  • Random area, style, or technique

You can ball up the slips of paper and randomly pick one from the collection.