Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

United States. From California to Texas. AMA :)

SensitiveArtsySoul December 23rd, 2017

Moving from California to Texas was a huge culture shock for me. I went from living in a fast paced city to living in a slow paced, almost country suburbs. I absolutely love Texas now.

Emily619 December 23rd, 2017

1. What is your favorite thing about California?

2. What is your favorite thing about Texas?

3. Is there a huge political difference between the two states?

4. If you could live in any state, regardless of the cost of living, where would you live?

5. Are the different areas of the states different (is northern California different from southern California; is western Texas different than eastern Texas, etc.)?

6. Were you born in California? If not, where were you born?

7. What is your dream job?

8. What is your favorite thing about America?

9. What is one thing you miss from California?

10. Would you move back to California if you could?

SensitiveArtsySoul OP December 25th, 2017

@Emily619

1. What is your favorite thing about California?

My favorite thing about California has to be the mountains and the beaches. Lots of beautiful scenery

2. What is your favorite thing about Texas?

My favorite thing about Texas has to be the diversity and the culture here in Houston. My father is from here so I got in touch with his side and roots. I can tell a person here that I'm Creole and they'll know what I'm talking about lol!

3. Is there a huge political difference between the two states?

I would say yes. Texas is primarily a Republican and Conservative state.

4. If you could live in any state, regardless of the cost of living, where would you live?

I would like to live in Colorado. I like cold weather and snow, so I know I will love it there, especially in the winter.

5. Are the different areas of the states different (is northern California different from southern California; is western Texas different than eastern Texas, etc.)?

I've actually never experienced Northern California :/ but I heard it is way different than Southern California. Also, Yes, western Texas is definitely different than eastern Texas. There's pretty much nothing in western Texas. lol

6. Were you born in California? If not, where were you born?

Yes, I was born in Califronia. Born in the city of Torrance and raised in Long Beach.

7. What is your dream job?

My dream job would be to make a living off of my artwork. My second is to become a psychologist

8. What is your favorite thing about America?

My favorite thing about America... Hmm. That's a good question. I think I love how diverse it is and how we celebrate and embrace other cultures. I've met many people who have moved here from different countries. My mother was also an immigrant.

9. What is one thing you miss from California?

I miss the beaches the most

10. Would you move back to California if you could?

If I could afford it, I definitely would.