Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Article Writing Competition

SoulfullyAButterfly August 15th, 2021

Hi everyone,

As part of the Academy Week event, you can participate in an article writing competition by writing an article for any of these 2 topic categories:

1. Why Practical Education is Important
  2. The Importance of Mental Health Literacy

Rules/Guidelines:

• All articles must contain: An article subtitle, a relevant image from a free source like Unsplash, relevant subheadings throughout the article body, and an author biography.
  • The general recommendation is to write between 1,000-2,000 words.
  • The article must be submitted through the linked form in the post by the end of the Academy Week, which is August 22, 2021.

Resources:

Check these helpful resources to help guide you during the writing process! These are some of the discussions that are part of our Content Development and Marketing Program at the 7 Cups Academy:

More Information:

• The top 3 article writers for each category will get certificates.
  • All top 3 articles will be published via our social media channels including Facebook and LinkedIn
  • The top article for each of the topic categories will be published at 7 Cups.
  • All participants will earn cheers as a token of appreciation.

Ready to submit your article? Use this form

HopieRemi August 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Is this just for Academy Users?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP August 15th, 2021

@HopieRemi - no it is open for the entire community

HopieRemi August 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I see. Ill try to enter!

AriadneLove August 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

What information biography should contain if it is important not to reveal any personal information, especially suggesting being health care professionals?

@AriadneLove Hi there, I recommend reading how to write an effective biography here - as for personal information such as real names, you are always welcome to publish at 7 Cups with your username or a pseudonym, I allow the volunteer writer to decide - hope this helps

AriadneLove August 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you, that is an excellent link. Directly what I was concerned about:) Maybe it will be nice to add it to the post too. (I am sorry if it is there but I did not see)<3

xoBeebosBubsxo August 15th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
Awesome! I look forward to joining ;')

FrankCastle12 August 15th, 2021

Can i submit 2 articles, 1 on each topic? Like if i wanna write an article on the both topics.. Can i?

@FrankCastle12 Hi, for sure!

FrankCastle12 August 16th, 2021

Thanks..

KACOSMIC August 17th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Yay, I have just submitted my article....smiley

SoulfullyAButterfly OP August 17th, 2021

@KACOSMIC thank you!

bubblingBreeze14 August 22nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I submitted an article. I just wanted to know, will we get to choose the name we want the certificate to have [in case if we were chosen]? and will it be ok to have my listener name in the biography section and then later request to have the real name in the certificate / article?

Sorry for all the trouble, just wanted to clarify some gray areas :)

SoulfullyAButterfly OP August 22nd, 2021

@bubblingBreeze14 no trouble at all!

Yes you will be asked the name for certificates and yes you can ask for an edit on the article as well.

bubblingBreeze14 August 23rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank You so much heart

HopieRemi August 22nd, 2021

I never actually did end up writing anything. Will there be more opportunities like this?

@HopieRemi we might end up extended the date but we can definitely host these more regularly - you might also want to apply to the Content Team if you are interested in writing for 7 Cups.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

How do I apply to the content team? and when do you think it will be extended until?

@HopieRemi find more information here - as for the extension I will alert a notification/this post with more after a decision has been made, likely tomorrow (Monday)

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Sounds good! And thanks for the link.