Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

6) Ensuring Best Writing Practices

SoulfullyAButterfly January 31st, 2021

After understanding the general requirements to keep in mind whilst submitting your content articles for 7 Cups publication, this discussion highlights some general writing tips to keep in mind when writing content that relates to mental health.

Things to Do:

• Make sure the article is empathetic, kind, helpful & informative (it fulfills the reader who found it), empowering. Replace mental “illness” or “disease” with “condition” or “issue” and soften any other mental health stigma language that might pop up. This helps ensure that your tone is supportive.

• Think of story ideas that will be sharable in social media

• Be concise

• Be conversational and accessible in your writing

• Back up statements with research or facts if applicable (cite sources) - try to confirm facts by ensuring at least 2 different sources mentioning them.

• Include expert quotes and insights -- you can reach out to a psychologist or expert about your story and offer a quote and link to their practice for the collaboration. Make sure their title/expertise is attributed in the article

• Be thorough, don’t gloss over specifics

• Give the reader empathy and hope

• Put yourself in the reader’s shoes: ask yourself what they need out of reading your piece and then deliver that

• Try to combine personal experiences with expert insight to strengthen your piece.

• Consider including friends and family members of people impacted by your topic in your audience.

For more tips on reporting mental health conditions and choosing words carefully, read the American Psychiatric Association’s article here

Other Tips:

The following are general guidelines to help find facts, help link things with 7 Cups as well as outreaching tips for personal stories and expert insight:

• Always try to hyperlink some of your main sources.

• Use authentic reporting websites such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization, or American Psychological Association, etc. for facts and up-to-date statistics. (Can be hyperlinked as mentioned above)

• Use Google Scholar to search for relevant research work. Abstracts usually summarize research findings.

• When outlining your article, consider asking yourself which information and what type of information can be added as a priority. For example, an article about mental health during the pandemic would likely report authentic global statistics and could use published research information.

• When reviewing other resources that cover your topic or something close to it, always ask yourself what can help enhance that available content. How can you ensure you are providing a unique take on the topic? Consider thinking about what is missing that could be worth mentioning.

• 7 Cups has lots of free services, including available self-help guides, subcommunities with forums, and other areas - generally, editorial assistants at 7 Cups help backlink to these resources, but you are welcome to directly mention them if it applies, for instance, mentioning how Sharing Circles can help users cope with loneliness or the lack of support in their daily lives.

• Outreaching for both personal or expert quotes can be done via social media, contact forms of blog posts, or even email considering which information is available. You are welcome to PM @SoulfullyAButterfly if you think a 7 Cups Expert can help provide you the quote or required insight.

• When outreaching for personal stories, introduce yourself and 7 Cups and explain your article topic briefly, and why you think their personal experience could help. Share how you can back-link (link back) to the person’s blog or other resources if they would like that in return for sharing their quote. Ensure that you ask them if they would like their name to be disclosed, or if they would like a pseudonym. Finally, let them know you will share the final published version so they can also share it with their acquaintances.

• When requiring an expert quote, use the same procedure discussed, but consider asking for the expert’s availability. Mention how the expert’s work can aid your write-up and any questions you have. Ask for the expert’s professional practice page link and if they are interested, mention how they can have a published expert profile at 7 Cups (you can CC ayesha@7cups.com if needed).

Things To Avoid:

• The overuse of cliches or corny language

• Making it overly formal or using references most wouldn’t understand

• Using extraneous words/phrases. For example, you don’t have to write, “it’s important to…” If you’re writing it, the reader will assume it’s important. Unless, of course, it really is a surprise that this piece of advice is important - in which case say that

• Forgetting to explain the “why”

• Repeating the same word or phrase often (unless intentional, i.e. in an article about a mantra you might repeat the mantra several times)

• Overusing exclamation points

Activity

Using the information you just learned, write a paragraph (minimum of 100 words) for the article topic “Coping with Loneliness During the COVID-19 Pandemic” - as this is only a paragraph and NOT the complete article, state a brief heading which will inform the reader whether your paragraph is about a general introduction or something more specific. Ensure your paragraph contains facts. Please note that you are to mention your sources too, as well as a link to at least one source within the paragraph.

Bonus: Consider using previous discussions to research and use keywords.

Additionally, reply to at least one other student and highlight the strengths of their work as well as areas for improvement.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 31st, 2021

@AriadneLove 😮❤

kindLemonade July 12th, 2021

“Coping with Loneliness During the COVID-19 Pandemic”

Unexpected benefits of solitude

Social distancing during COVID-19 Pandemic is an essential safety measure to contain the virus and to keep us away from danger. However, it can inevitably lead to an increase in feelings of loneliness which is a critical public health concern. One way to cope with such a challenge is to look at it from an optimistic angle and to consider being alone as an opportunity for growth rather than a setback.

Painful feelings of loneliness might actually be a result of not having attachment securities (believing one can trust others and expecting that they will be available and responsive when needed). Thus, although time alone due to covid can be anxiety provoking, it still is able to force us to confront our fears which allows meaningful internal dialogues, self-discovery and healing.

In the past, countless social movements and practices were instigated by solitary experiences. We can refer to famous tales of spiritual leaders like Buddha, Mohammed or Jesus who reached enlightenment after periods of solitude. Therefore, it is fair to say that being alone might provide freedom from status quo or social constraints and remove distractions in order for us to truly connect with who we are and what our core values are.

To begin our journey with solitary reflection, we can start with simple activities like journaling, walking & pondering, practice mindfulness or meditation. To keep ourselves accountable and motivated, we can reach out to a listener to share what we learnt or could also join sub-communities on 7cups to find like-minded people who are on the self-exploration path like us: https://www.7cups.com/15624242.

If what written above is not for you, there are more ways to cope with loneliness in this free 7cups self-help: https://www.7cups.com/how-to-deal-with-loneliness/
ouiCherie July 14th, 2021

@kindLemonade
A beautiful point of view, and the paragraph has an engaging narration. I enjoy reading it a lot. Thank you for writing this Lemo!

Star996 July 17th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Lem, the way you have added links to the basic as well as the important things are actually something which is really good. I also enjoyed reading it! Great job yet again! Yayayayyyyyyy! laugh

kindLemonade July 17th, 2021

@Star996

@Star996
Thank you for your constant support heart

Star996 July 24th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Looks like my notifications aren't working properly 😓

Glad I am here for you! laughheartheartlaugh

azuladragon34 August 31st, 2021

@kindLemonade

Strengths:
1) Concise
2) Engaging narration
3) Calming

I honestly can't find any areas to improve.

kindLemonade August 31st, 2021

@azuladragon34
Thank you Azul 😊😍

Zahraa000 January 15th, 2022

“Coping with Loneliness During the COVID-19

Pandemic”

Feeling lonely is one of the feelings that millions feel during the COVID19 pandemic, as we have had to limit visiting family, friends or familiar faces as an effort from our joint efforts to maintain our safety and save lives and thus this will affect our mental health from problems of depression and stress, sadness is the basis of loneliness and denial is not the solution Feelings of loneliness during the pandemic must be accepted and find alternative ways to connect with others and adapt.

Although we do not have the ability to control feelings of sadness, we can control our thoughts related to sadness and make them motivate us to adapt instead of feeling regret for the situation in which we find ourselves, so we must deal in a healthy way with feelings of loneliness (the idea is to accept our feelings because they are natural and because they are Then we take action that can help us overcome loneliness).

marvelloustree1111 March 4th, 2022

@kindLemonade

Wow, really enjoyed your take on the topic and the spark of positivity upfront. :)

sophiasanae July 13th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Coping with Loneliness During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Mental and Physcial Effects of Social Isolation

The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted our daily lives, from Zoom calls to social distancing in supermarkets. With this type of social isolation, it brings along feelings of loneliness. Studies have shown that continued isolation can effect a person's overall health. According to the NCBI, "Loneliness is associated with various physical and mental repercussions, including elevated systolic blood pressure and increased risk for heart disease. " (ncbi.gov) Loneliness is also linked to depressive symptoms and increases levels of cortisol in the body. However, by recognizing these symptoms, and understanding that we are not alone in feeling this way, we can overcome these challenges.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7306546/

cuteeeezombieeee July 17th, 2021

@sophiasanae
Well written! I love how you included facts while focusing on the individuals side-effects at the same time.heart

When it comes to highlighting areas of improvement, I noticed that your paragraph mostly highlighted the physical effects. Since the title is "mental and physical effects of social isolation", the paragraph could be better adapted to suit the title by emphasising on mental health effects as well.

Good luck on the rest of the course!

AriadneLove August 19th, 2021

@sophiasanae

I like how you made the paragraph relatable to everyone by providing examples. Fact usage is amazing and the content is of good quality. I would suggest adding the conversation with a reader, to make them more engaged. For example, after 'Studies have shown that continued isolation can affect a person's overall health.' you can build it up with your own reflection on the matter and then share the next more in-depth scientific fact. Incorporating our own voice in articles is very important to keep readers loyal and interested, it is easier for them to process all scientific facts if they also feel the personal ouch of the author.
I wish you joy and inspiration with your article💜

@sophiasanae

I absolutely loved how you provided facts, and how you linked and mentioned depression here as well! One point of improvement in my opinion would be to provide more ways of dealing with the situation in practical terms as well as focusing on the power of the issue being worldwide. 💚

ouiCherie July 14th, 2021
The Simple Ways to Beat Loneliness During COVID-19

pPkRInt_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

As we go through an unprecedented Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, loneliness becomes a global issue, which increases the risk of physical and mental well-being problems. Consequently, self-care and finding ways to maintain the social connection to cope with loneliness during Covid-19 social isolation grows in necessity. Study shows that those who consistently take care of themselves have a better well-being than those who take themselves for granted. In that light, the 7 Cups- Community relentlessly advocating self-care through many channels on the site, including The Self-Care Lounge forum. E-intervention is another way to cope, such as online exergaming to maintain physical activities while connecting with other people, Netflix parties with friends or family, participating in online Group Support, or volunteering at online communities. For instance, my daughter and her peers use Zoom and Google Hangout for school and socializing among friends during the pandemic. For online Group Support, many group chat rooms can be found on 7 Cups for Members to feel supported, whether it is the Sharing Circle or on discussions provided by sub-community leaders. Furthermore, for online volunteering, people can switch to their Listener account to provide support to others.

🖊
201 words

@ouiCherie
☑️ Beautiful graphic, the font, color scheme, background photo, they all combined perfectly 👌
☑️I love how chilled, relaxing yet grounded in research this piece of writing is. I think giving a personal example like how you share about your family at the end of the writing really bring a lovely closure and make it relatable to the readers.

Thank you for sharing your works, I just learnt something new from you again today 💙🐳

ouiCherie July 17th, 2021

thank you Lemo 🤗 @kindLemonade

Matej45678 July 22nd, 2021

@ouiCherie

Hello again. heart

Over-all, I love your text!
The photo there is awesome, it is relatable, based on research and the concrete examples at the end of it is great!

cuteeeezombieeee July 17th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
Effects of loneliness on Mental Health

While loneliness itself isn't a mental health problem, it can have an adverse effect on one's mental health. Loneliness can make people feel alone and unwanted. According to www.mind.org.uk/, research suggests that loneliness presents an increased risk of mental health problems, which include: depression, anxiety, self-esteem issues, sleeplessness and more. Many people wonder: does loneliness lead to depression or does depression lead to loneliness? It can go either way, both feeding the risk of the other. People suffering from loneliness have reported lower quality of sleep and social isolation during the covid pandemic can increase the risk of developing anxiety. Fortunately, there are many ways of overcoming the negative effects of loneliness on mental health.

Sources:
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/loneliness/about-loneliness/
https://www.verywellmind.com/loneliness-causes-effects-and-treatments-2795749
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2018/10/30/7-ways-loneliness-and-connectedness-affect-mental-health/

@cuteeeezombieeee

☑️ 115 words - perfect for the requirement of the writing task
☑️ Concise sub-headline. I think your headline matched well with the shared content.
☑️ Easy to read, gave useful links.

Well done ❤️🐳

​​​​​​

Mel July 31st, 2021

@cuteeeezombieeee Hey there! I really liked your paragraph! Seemed really professional and well structured. You also included a lot of key words and relevant sources. Great job!

One tip I'd share is that for this exercise I would perhaps have made the point to make it more related to the pandemic. How people may feel all these things you convey really well but specifically when struggling with Covid-19, isolation, social distancing, lockdown, etc.

Regardless - it was a really strong paragraph and would love to read more of this article. Best!

and in the end the love you take, is equal to the love you make. - Mel, 7Cups Ambassador

Star996 July 17th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Ways to Help The Kids Fight the Monster Under The Bed

The coronavirus outbreak has changed our lives in ways we could not have imagined. We can only imagine the internal battles that kids are fighting as they are trying to regulate their emotions during such a difficult time. Children still have ways to connect to each other via Internet, but the fact that they are not being able to meet physically has been troubling for them. Covid has cut off the social life of which is actually a really vital part of our lives, and that too at such a young age. Research shows that children and adolescents are more likely to suffer from depression and anxiety due to the enforced isolation. Another study shows that they understand the situation well but they have been feeling conflicted because on one hand, they have been feeling anxiety, worry, fear and loneliness due to the situation but on the other hand they feel happy, cheerful and safe at homes with their families. But the development of the children depends on the environment of the home, their bond with friends and their process of managing their emotions. It is understandable how kids have been feeling during this time. I am also thankful for parents who have been helping their kids cope despite them feeling the same emotions as their children. Here are some methods on how to help your children to cope with the situation.
1.) Screen time has been helpful for kids to cope as this is one of the easiest ways to connect with their friends and talk to them. They can even relate to each other as they are going through the same thing, making them feel less lonely. But also keep in mind about the duration of the screen time.
2.) Parents should work through their feelings and emotions too. Kids are very intuitive and can sense our emotions too. Parents should always be honest with their children, but also keeping their age in mind as their small minds won’t be able to understand the world the way adults do.
3.) Acknowledge their feelings. Give them time and attention. Listen to them and provide them encouraging words. This helps a child continue their development.
4.) Find creative ways for them to do their activities. We discussed before how kids feel during this pandemic. Creative ways can help them direct their mind on the activities more. You can even make rewards for the children, which makes this exciting. New games and activities will help the children feel excitement about the coming days instead of anxious.

These are some of the ways to help a child cope with the pandemic. I hope that your child/children as well as you have been doing well. In the end, I would like to end this article with a quote.

"Breathe. You're strong. You got this. Take it day by day." ~ Karen Salmansohn

@Star996
☑️ Interesting topic, I think you've made a strong argument on why it's important to look after children's emotional well-being during Pandemic's lockdown.

• Be conversational and accessible in your writing -> checked

☑️ Fun title & overall it was an engaging read.
  • Think of story ideas that will be sharable in social media -> checked

☑️ I love how you end the writing on a quote, it helps capture the essence & summary the whole essay's spirit.
  • Give the reader empathy and hope -> checked

Perhaps you could also include some research references for the 4 tips you shared?

Well done ❤️🐳
Star996 July 18th, 2021

@kindLemonade

Thanks! Yeah, you are right. I did include links for the studies, but I could not find a specific link saying that a particular tip or tips is good. But yep, more ReSeArChHh, hehe.

CoffeeAddict07 April 20th, 2022

I absolutely loved the heading of your post, I thought it was really eye-catching and I also liked the fact you numbered everything in your post. I thought that aspect of it made it really easy to read and therefore very engaging to the audience! Most of all, however, I loved how you ended with a quote! That was awesome! Something that I also think you could have included, however, would have been maybe a couple more sources for where you got your information from. Other than that, it was incredible!

Matej45678 July 22nd, 2021
Replacing Loneliness
UK study from 2020 shows that rates of loneliness during the lockdown were higher than usual, especially at the initial phase of lockdown. Loneliness, such as any kind of suffering, is a globally constant issue and should never be discretited with shallow advices such as "just go out and meet people", which only do damage, since social anxiety and other issues go many times along with loneliness, plus people sometimes feel hopeless because they feel that they're unable to get help, when the "proven" and popular advices don't help them at all.

People who feel lonely should be understood and heard. heart

Firstly, we need to distinguish between the terms "loneliness" and "solitude". Loneliness is defined as a "state of distress or discomfort that results when one perceives a gap between one’s desires for social connection and actual experiences of it" -- that means: a state when one feels sadness or other negative emotions, because he feels alone - state which occurs even when a person is surrounded by a large group of people. Solitude, on the other hand, is a state of actually being alone, which can be pleasant and even preferred over social gatherings.

There are many expert advices which can significantly help, such as Pracitising self-kindness. But to really understand all these tips and use them as a helping hand or a life vest and not just read them as words, a state of deep self-awareness needs to be achieved. One of the ways to do that and benefit from being alone, one must replace his loneliness with solitude.

Solitude offers many great benefits. Apart from relaxation, when we rest from social pressure, stress or tension, only in solitude can we truly begin to know and love ourselves. At this place, it's important to mention that solitude can't be ever compared to time spent on social media and other technology - when we do that, we're not really alone, and more likely it leads to loneliness. We are truly alone only when we're just with ourselves, in our mind, with our thoughts. Isolation can lead to wondeful insights. To keep a healthy relationship with ourselves, we need to spend more times in our heads - after all, our mind is the only thing that we can say we truly have for our whole life in this world, that's why it should be preserved. How could we really know ourselves without solitude, without truly spending time with ourselves?

Trying to love myself while constantly distracting myself with other people and technology would be the same as being a doctor, who tries to save his patient from a deadly disease, but operates on the area of the body that is not at all associated with the source of it, meanwhile he often stops the important operation to play with scalpels and scissors.

Creativity, calmness, self-knowledge and self-awereness are some of the irreplaceable benefits of enjoying our own company. Spending a lot of time in our heads makes us value things more, see beautiful aspects of ourselves and, therefore, of others. In solitude, there's beauty. In solitude, we can truly find us - nowhere else.

"A man can be himself only so long as he is alone, and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom, for it is only when he is alone that he is really free."
-
Arthur Schopenhauer
KACOSMIC July 29th, 2021

@Matej45678

Very very well done... you have shown kindness, empathy, a lot of great informations and tips. smiley

Matej45678 July 30th, 2021

@KACOSMIC

Thank you kindly for your feedback. heart I appreciate it.

KACOSMIC July 29th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Coping with Loneliness During the COVID-19 Pandemic.

What about feelings of loneliness in times of pandemic?

We understand that feelings are essential to human life and they are what allow for interconnections with people, obtaining bonds, creating social ties and connecting with the society in which we live. Human beings need this exchange of feelings for their psychic constitution: to communicate and be understood.

But when all this interaction is out of balance, as it is today in COVID's times, let's think of some ways to fight negative feelings and turn them into positive ones in the midst of all this.

1- When you feel lonely try to think of all the people you like and be grateful that they exist and are protected and unsafe.

2- Try to understand that this will pass, nothing is eternal, be strong.

3- Think of it as an opportunity to improve your skills.

4- Even at a distance, talk to your friends about your feelings and be available to listen to them too. Talking about what we are feeling behind a feeling of relief.

5- This source https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_1 that I discovered and will share with you contains articles that might help you to better deal with your feelings and feel better.

Mel July 31st, 2021

Staying Positive Through a pandemic: things shall get better

After a year into a worldwide pandemic, it's easy to feel discouraged or feel as it won't ever end. Having to be in lockdown or social distancing for such a long period of time has surely had an impact in everybody's mental health. It's hard to remind positive, so let's look at some stats together that could help out see the light out of this dark tunnel. What is the way out of pandemic? The Vaccines. But it's not just them alone, it's vaccination. It's social responsability that will save us. There's 22 vaccine studies going on right now all over the world. As per WHO, there have been 196,553,009 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 4,200,412 deaths and as of 29 July 2021, a total of 3,839,816,037 vaccine doses have been administered.

According to Out World in Data, 28.2% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 14.5% is fully vaccinated. 4.11 billion doses have been administered globally, and 37.58 million are now administered each day. While those numbers may not seem a lot compared to the world population let's take a moment to see how big that 28.2% actually is. The world has at this moment almost 7.9 billion people (and counting!) so while 3,839,816,037 still means we have a long way to go, those numbers are actually people who took the step to make sure we can end this pandemic more quickly. So while this may easily be one of the hardest sanitary moments in our recent history - we're getting out of it and you've literally lived through a pandemic, which sadly not all can say. Coping with loneliness includes remembering: we're in a global pandemic, and you've still managed to do a lot of things during the last year and a half. That should be rewarded Clapping hands

and in the end the love you take, is equal to the love you make. - Mel, 7Cups Ambassador

RainyThoughts August 10th, 2021

@Mel

Your paragraph is very nicely written. You have been concise and thorough. The writing style is accessible and easy to read. You have included very good hard data from two sources which are WHO and Our World in Data and you have cited every information mentioned, which is very important if the person wants to verify your claims.
You have given hope and empathy from the vaccine point of view, although mentioning death and how many people are affected by the virus does contradict the message a bit. You have mentioned a lot of struggles everyone is facing but it doesn't seem like you shared anything personal or something for the reader to feel connected about.
In any case, good work, and hope you are staying positive during these times :)

Mel August 11th, 2021

@RainyThoughts Thank you for your feedback! You have very good points!

Iamanotheru August 1st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The breakdown of covid and the sudden lockdown was very drastic and unseen to all of us. Currently, we are all packed in our houses away from friends, and in many cases, even away from family. The loneliness under such conditions is nothing unexpectable and almost all of us are facing it at some level.
According to http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/coronavirus/loneliness-during-coronavirus, one in four adults is experiencing the feeling of loneliness. Here are some tools that might help you cope with the loneliness at the moment:

1.) Connecting with family and friends digitally and keeping each other's morale high.
2.) Doing some fun activity, like a board game, cooking, or exercises with family, if you are not quarantined in separate rooms.
3.) Talking to people on a platform like http://7cups.com helped me overcome loneliness and anxiety when the covid outbreak occurred. Remember, you are not alone in this.

4.) Try to check up on people who might be going through the same. Talking to co-workers, classmates would help both you, and them, to feel better. I was really stressed and I started to feel really lonely after the lockdown happened at my place. Being an introvert, it was not easy for me to talk to people about how I feel. Slowly, I started opening up about my feelings to one of my close friends, when I realized that it was not just me who was going through this. I felt better after talking about it and it felt really nice.

KiaraB26 August 1st, 2021

@Iamanotheru

Great job! I loved your article. I really like that you included your experience and it was concise and direct.💜
The only thing I would have loved to see is that you could have been a little more reassuring.
But overall it's very impressive 😃

Iamanotheru August 1st, 2021

Thankyou for your feedback Kaira! I will keep that in mind ^^

KiaraB26 August 1st, 2021

Anxiety spikes due to loneliness in the pandemic:

Anxiety is defined as a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. But because of the pandemic almost everything is uncertain, a question mark. “Public health actions, such as social distancing, are necessary to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but they can make us feel isolated and lonely and can increase stress and anxiety” says CDC, and needless to say they are absolutely right. The pandemic has taken a toll on the mental health of many individuals, if you too have experienced the same, don't worry you are not alone.

Many people rely on communication and reassurance of close ones to help handle their anxiety. As having someone to talk to you and distract you, ease your worries is extremely helpful. But in these testing times, when one is advised to distance yourself, what can one do? So not only has the pandemic induced extra anxiety but it has taken away one of the most efficient coping mechanism?

But the bright side is that just because you don't have physical contact doesn't mean you can connect with people. CDC advises individuals with anxiety to “Connect with your community- or faith-based organizations”. Are you wondering how? You can visit websites like www.7cups.com where you can talk to listeners and therapists anonymously. The listeners will listen passionately and you can talk about what’s bothering you without judgement.
twilight000 August 4th, 2021

This was so interesting to read! Nice job with your paragraph. You had a lot of information in it that was clearly researched well. nice job!

twilight000 August 4th, 2021

During the pandemic, we understand that you will not see many family members and friends, and for some of us, it's so hard to cope with. In the effort to save lives, our inability to see loved ones can be frustrating and even scary at times.

If you're feeling lonely, there are many options for you. To start, you could call a friend, family member, health professional, or counsellor to talk about your feelings! Talking to people can really help frustration leave you and bring your loneliness down.

Another thing you could do is something you enjoy! You could go outside, join an online class, or get into a hobby that you've never though of before!

The Mental Health Foundation has a ton of options that you could use to try to keep your mental health stable and keep yourself happy. We are in a challenging time, and while it is hard, you are not alone. Millions of people are struggling during this time, and it's important to have each others backs.

Daf8 September 7th, 2022

❤️ @twilight000 ❤️

❤️ Hello, amazing person! I like how you shared tips and provided empathy: that adds a lot of warmth and is very helpful in general. For improvement, I'd suggest optimizing the punctuation and adding more facts. However, what you did is really hopeful and motivational. Overall, your work is awesome! Keep being fantastic ❤️