Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

More of the Same

Enthenia April 26th

maxresdefault-756495222_1714091381.jpg

I don't now how many people know the 90's show "The New Red Green Show" but in one segment the local forest ranger called Ranger Gord explains how to leave a campsite.

"You take the ashes from the campfire, put them back together, and rebuild the tree."

This is what I have to deal with at work. I was glad that I got all my reports done early even with having the quarterly report to do, a new state to look at on my dailies, and over 65 more people to look up backround information on as opposed to the previous month.

But, one person I reported on had the activity already placed on the governmental form. One supervisor asked if I was looking at previous forms.

Supervisors add and extend activity at random intervals. They don't tell us peons when changes are made and the main spreadsheet they use is locked and the normal people can only look at it for a few minutes or else the supervisors get mad.

I have now 140 reports to look at every day and then 23 states every month that can have no information on the reports or 40 names that need background checks plus whatever they randomly throw at me AND the quarterly reports that usually have at least a hundred names on them and all the little things they want me to remember (like saving background reports in three places) and now they want me to go back and check something I did that was altered by someone else at a random point in time. Is this not just a little unreasonable?

However, I can't say anything because then I'm argumentative and after the email I got today, I wanted to. But I agreed that they were right and deleted the file in question. I sometimes get the feeling that not only am I always getting criticized for everything I do but I am also being treated like I'm inferior. It's nothing vocal but how things are phrased in emails or in Teams.

But as I said, I can't say anything even if I had the time to say something otherwise I'm looking at another write-up and I have at least six classes left to do before I finish my online degree program.

A coworker today said she feels like they want the staff to be robots too so it's not centralized to just me.

Heather225 April 29th

@Enthenia

what a good quote! i'll have to look this show up.

Enthenia OP April 29th

@Heather225 I may have paraphrased it. It's been awhile since I have seen the show.

I think the ones from '94-'98 are the better ones but it ran until the early 2000's if I remember correctly.