Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling like I made a step in the right direction and ended up going nowhere

Lonewolf360 April 15th

So hi again I posted here a while back talking about how I was unemployed and was pretty stressed out about It with how much bad luck I ran into with how many times I was getting ghosted, fast forward a few months later and I managed to build up the courage to talk to my Job coach and swap job goals to being a receptionist which was an even more daunting task considering my introverted nature but despite being proud of myself and making a small change I'm starting to have second doubts about it and not really sure what to do on one hand my parents and brother are telling me to try and stay optimistic but I just got ghosted after the only interview I managed to land in months and it sure ain't helping my morale

toughTiger6481 April 15th

@Lonewolf360

I know it sucks at one point in time people used to send email or call even if it was to say thank you for interviewing but we went another way.... they just figure why bother and do not see it can feel defeating to people really trying to get a job. It is happening all over not just you ...i do not know if that helps at all....

i was actually offered a job in interview then they said main office would contact when i waited a polite amount of time i contacted and they denied an offer was ever verbally made. 

Do not doubt yourself you can do much more then you probably give yourself credit for .... many introverts underestimate themselves and their skills. 

Lonewolf360 OP April 15th

Thanks I really do wish they would've went for that approach instead that way I wouldn't have been setting myself up for disappointment by spending so much time waiting just to see the same position open or expired on indeed around a few weeks later

toughTiger6481 April 15th

@Lonewolf360

I applied was not called and then contacted to apply and they gave it to me same resume so i have zero idea why they read and decided to contact me but applying online guess the screening system just weeded out people even if they were a perfect fit. 

this is the world of Trying to get an computer to only look for key words or phrases .... hiring should be by real people not some algorithm in AI 

Lonewolf360 OP April 15th

I think I saw a *** about something regarding how they just use chat gpt and use this whole thing as an elaborate way to claim the market is thriving or somehow filter applications a while back but my memory isn't exactly the best regarding what the lady said in particular, regardless it doesn't feel good being a literal static of being one of many aspies that are just unemployed with nothing I could really do about it