Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Job Search

wandamx26 September 10th

I have been out of a job for a few months now. I have been applying for jobs and having interviews but keep getting rejected. I haven't been applying recently due to some personal matters recently like my grandma passing away and dealing with my parents' potential divorce. I resumed job search yesterday and could only apply to one job. I couldn't find anything else that I was qualified for. It is so frustrating and I feel like I am a big failure. I don't get why I am destined to fail. 

drzombienoodles September 14th

I know how you feel. I have been out of a job for three months and I’ve applied to so many, I’ve lost count. Job hunting is just so hard. Even if it says entry level, it never is. Even if you match all the qualifications, you still somehow are missing something the companies just aren’t a putting on their website. It’s like by this point you need to be lucky and know someone in the company or otherwise it’s impossible. I’ve had two interviews and both was rejected from. I got interviewed last week and thought maybe I have chance but haven’t heart anything yet. I know how you feel about being a failure. Honestly, I can only empathize with you right now. I don’t think you’re destined to fail. The job market is just impossible and by this, it seems to all be based on luck. It’s like a numbers game, the more you apply eventually you’ll get a job. Just why does it have to take so long you know? I am sorry you are feeling this way. I know how you feel, it just sucks. You’re stuck and can’t do anything but just keep applying. Eventually, you will get something.

NedJr September 17th
Let's separate your emotional state and job search. Don't mix them up. The job search path you describe is one that all young graduates have gone through. And it is even more difficult for those who were looking for a job right after high school. Yes, this is exactly the conveyor that you will have to go through. I was personally advised to send applications in an online form to the official email of all companies that more or less fit your direction. Practice shows that for 100 applications there will be 4-5 responses. Don't be afraid of rejection. Just move on. I've tried so many different things myself that I even used a betting system - https://1xbet.lk/en But I don't recommend this choice because you are obviously a newbie in such things. One more thing. Parents' problems are their problems, not yours. You can't influence this, so try not to get emotionally involved in this situation.