Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Life changing

Silenteyes77 June 29th, 2023

I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2016. I went through hypomania and just about ruined my family. I didn’t care about anything but me. I felt like I was on top of the world. I felt like I was bulletproof no one could hurt me no matter what they tried. I even went as far as telling my then husband that he could have the kids and I would get on with my life. Once I was able to be reasoned with I went to a psychiatrist and that’s when I was diagnosed. Since then I have been in different medications, my husband at the time and I divorced. We stayed together because he knew mentally I wasn’t ready. Now in 2023 we have decided we need to give up. We tried to forgive and forget and just couldn’t do it.

Mya000 June 30th, 2023

@Silenteyes77 I'm truly sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with your bipolar diagnosis and its impact on your family. Dealing with hypomania and the feeling of being invincible can be overwhelming and difficult to navigate. It's commendable that you sought help from a psychiatrist and have been trying different medications to manage your condition.

Divorce can be a deeply emotional and difficult decision for everyone involved. It's understandable that the journey has been tough, and sometimes forgiveness and moving forward can be incredibly challenging, especially when faced with the complexities of mental health.

Remember, you're not alone in your struggles, and seeking support from friends, family, or professional counseling can be beneficial during these times. Focus on self-care and finding healthy coping mechanisms to help you navigate through these challenges. Take things one step at a time, and remember that healing and growth are ongoing processes. You deserve compassion and understanding as you continue on your journey. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here to listen.

Silenteyes77 OP June 30th, 2023

Thank you. That’s a lot of my problem is I feel alone even though I know I’m not. I’m going to start therapy soon which I need desperately. Not talking about everything I’m going through is hurting me mentally.

Mya000 July 2nd, 2023

@Silenteyes77 You're welcome. It's great to hear that you'll be starting therapy soon. Remember, you don't have to go through this alone, and seeking help is a positive step towards healing. Take care, and I wish you all the best in your journey to better mental health.