Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tired of the almost constant noises.

TrueSight February 3rd

For 4 or 5 days now, the auditory hallucinations have been ongoing. There are short periods of time when they stop but not for long. They range from quiet to being really loud. I either hear the ongoing noise of the severe weather siren, or the noises of ambulance/police racing somewhere. I've ruled out external factors. I don't get it to this extent with my bipolar disorder very often. For a while I just found it annoying. But it is now really frustrating me and even leading to headaches and trouble falling asleep. I have one theory to test, and I want to have it done before I see my psychiatrist in a couple of weeks. He won't do med adjustments without actually seeing me. I hear all the sirens even right now. The severe weather siren to my left and to my right the police/ambulance sirens. It the first time it's happened this way. 

Nagandrzlvn February 3rd

@TrueSight seems that you're feel not uncomfortable with that condition. I feel that it must be hard for you to dealing with kinda situation but i wanna say thank you because still survive with that hard condition. I'm glad hear that you're wanna seeking psychiatrist, I hope you will do that for yourself. Thanks for sharing in this platform. Have a nice day😊

TrueSight OP February 3rd

@Nagandrzlvn this isn't a new experience for me. It's just been a long time since it has hit this degree. At least I'm aware it's not real. I've been seeing psychiatrists and therapists for nearly 17 years now. Thankfully my current psychiatrist and therapist are in the same practice. My psychiatrist owns it. I like that they can easily communicate with each other on my case. I know he will want to increase the dose of Stelazine. Which will mean also increasing the dose of the med that helps with the Stelazine side effects. Those really old antipsychotics come with my side effects than the new generation. But they also work better than the newer ones. I've been lucky to only have TD like symptoms at times but not actual TD. That would be awful. I'm still going to continue investigating another possible physical source. It's a long shot but it's possible. The noises have once again kept me from sleep and formed a headache. He's mentioned to possibility of an inpatient stay when we last met but I told him it wasn't necessary. With other symptoms piling up I might say yes when I see him in a couple of weeks. There is only one hospital I will go to, and I told him that on our first appointment. I just dread the typical 3 hours of waiting before even being taken upstairs to the locked unit. And the beds pretty much make you need to see a physical therapist after laying on them. But I have enough years of experience to be able to know when I need to go...most of the time. The support on 7 cups has led to improvements. I used to rarely venture away from my listener account. But I'm taking more advantage of the help I get from here. 

WhyEvenBother123 February 3rd

I kinda have had the same issues honestly it takes forever for me to go to sleep i tried ibuprofen a lot.

compassionateCar7091 February 5th

I'm so sorry your going through this I hope you get some relief soon