Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you give or seek support?

Endure777 July 31st, 2023

During a psychotic episode it is difficult to distinguish reality from delusions. What is one thing you do to support someone you know that is experiencing psychosis or one way you get support?

Mya000 August 1st, 2023

@Endure777 If you know someone experiencing psychosis, one essential thing you can do to support them is to remain calm, patient, and non-judgmental. Offer them a safe and understanding space to express their feelings and experiences without dismissing or invalidating them.

It's also essential to encourage them to seek professional help from a mental health expert. You can offer to accompany them to appointments or help them find resources and support groups that cater to individuals with similar experiences.

Additionally, educating yourself about psychosis and mental health can be beneficial, as it enables you to better understand what the person is going through and how to provide appropriate support. Remember that providing emotional support and being there for them during their journey can make a significant difference in their recovery and well-being. If you ever need support yourself, don't hesitate to reach out to friends, family, or a mental health professional for assistance.

Cnguyen1 June 6th

@Endure777 One way I get support is by telling my sister, and she then asks for advice.

I don't know if it's for psychosis, though. I probably would need an outlet, besides art.

Cnguyen1 June 16th

ok, well I'm not sure I've heard of Wondermind, but this is my primary way to seek support for Psychosis, because I know people here are dealing with the same or similar stuff. maybe there will be a support group I'll run into, who knows. Someone please help out if they know, please. :) :)

Cnguyen1 June 21st

@Endure777

hi, I hope you don’t mind me tailgating you, again. I feel like I’m enduring something that I shouldn’t be. I just feel like I need to seek support but something like this does go unseen at times. It’s like behavior I am not completely supportive of, and at times, it does feel like I need to like take a chill pill or something. 

Sorry if I’m not using this post correctly or in a useful way. I do recognize that I’m helping people whilest helping myself, so it feels weird, especially after online friends go away. It feels nice, but horrible at the same time. Like I just want to leave, leave and leave. 

So yeah I hope you have a great day. Thank you for this post, it’s been helpful for me to get recognition, lol. I suppose it takes time, and I feel like I’m always rushing to destroy my plans.  

I dunno, I feel like that’s it. So yeah, now I feel like I’m just talking. I feel like when I talk to people I feel less normal or awkward. It feels like a counterintuitive mix of autism and something else, I can’t pinpoint in life. Something about drifting and always seeking the next cheap thrill, or something.