Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

girlfriend with bipolar

batman829 July 7th

my gf and i have been dating for a few months. i didnt find a active relationship thread, but i do know she suffers from a bipolar disorder. weve had some issues and she has the habit of drinking when somethings wrong. a few days ago she tried having a serious conversation with me like that, and i got uncomfortable and told her to please not talk to me when shes like that. yesterday we talked really well but i know she was drinking and she didnt wanna tell me cuz shed know id say i wouldve preferred to go sleep. i know shes not at fault and its hard to control it. but i love that girl and i want to make us better, i know i cant blame her for things i just want to help her be better.

Howegeorgia July 21st

@batman829 would you like me to find a forum to help with her drinking?

BeautifulCurse July 22nd

Definitely drinking and bipolar don’t go together. Take it from me. I e done some dumb, terrible, and destructive things with alcohol. You’ve got to talk to her about that. In a non judgy way. My ex brought it up over and over, so I divorced him. After him, I quit drinking. See what I mean? Good luck. I hope you two work out.