Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

bipolar's partner is desperate and wants help…

CharlotteYangsilin July 12th

My bf has bipolar and has stopped replying to me for over a month. I couldnt contact his family or go to his place now… I worry about him a lot and feel painful waiting in the endless darkness every day. Sometimes I rly couldnt stand it…I dont know if he is getting better or still loves me. Would ppl who have bipolar or relevant experience talk to me… thank you all.

MichaelLeo July 14th

@CharlotteYangsilin I think I've got a similar experience. One of my close friends got Bipolar Disorder and then abruptly stopped replying any of my messages. Tried without good results. It left an impact on my schizophrenic mind and took about one month before I recover from the loss. My opinion: Get him a complete treatment (if possible) might be a good way to show your love to him. Best wishes. 

CharlotteYangsilin OP July 14th

aww thank u for ur sharing. i have decided to give up because of constant panic attacks. now i feel relieved. how long does it take for ur friend to reply again? and how a u now? best wishes to u kind soul…

generousOcean1918 July 14th

@CharlotteYangsilin

if you think he loves you when he is with you and everything about it is alright, he probably didnt left you because he doesnt love you. he may have a hard time isolating himself from you and it doesnt mean he hates you, it means his mind is accupied by other thoughts. if he has a depressive episode he probably cant contact because of how down he feels. he may contact you later and when he will do, you should talk about it with details

CharlotteYangsilin OP July 14th

yeah thank u for ur kind reply. but when i review our dating process i realize sth wrong and suspicious… i dont feel comfortable in the relationship either. i just feel relieved because i decided to give up. thank u so much for ur sharing…wish u all the best!

niceDrum3116 July 14th

@CharlotteYangsilin My elder brother has bipolar and he stops replying to messages as such as well. We get a really hard time to contact him since he feels contacting through phones or whenever you are out is not really a big deal. And that definitely irritates me. Even though i am the younger one, i need to take all the responsibility, which is extremely frustrating. Whenever i try to have a talk with him, it takes almost a day to get to the main point and make him understand because he just refuses to stay on the topic and would bring different kind of things to the conversation that just doesn't makes sense. But at the end, we are able to make him understand, even if not entirely. So, have patience mate. I know it might be hard, but its an issue that can usually be solved with a good word and further professional mentoring ( if he's receiving it as my brother isn't unfortunately). 

CharlotteYangsilin OP July 15th

Hiii thank u so much for sharing. I wanna talk to u abt it. How long does it last? Sorry to hear that and wish u and ur family all the best…

jeanettx July 19th

so normally im in that position! im the person, who ghosts everyone around them. (and now diagnosed with bipolar i finally understand more why it happens)

so one thing is that we need to take accountability. its not okay of us to just ghost and then not try to figure out, what we can do so it doesnt happen again, or is less severe. his bipolar does not excuse him ghosting you. it may be an explanation, but he still needs to hold the accountability! so him doing this is not okay!

so for me how i deal with is that i first tell people very directly that i have this problem. sometimes i get overwhelmed and then isolate myself and struggle to come out of it. i explain what it means and how whne im not replying its really fully because of myself, and not the other person.

with a partner (or whoever) its so important to talk about it when you are still okay. i dont want the people to worry about it and i want them to still feel loved, appreciated and everything. it needs to be a compromise, how can we make this so you and me are okay with it?

and did you talk about this beforehand? does he know how much it affects you? what does he do to change it?

and for him its so important to work on it! luckily medication helped me lots, i only have these phases in a depressive episode and now i still ghost, but not the people close to me and its less severe, shorter and im able to work through the shame to reply again.

i have active therapy and also have general check-ups with my partner. how do i feel? how is my mood lately? journaling helps me personally to find the courage to text people again.

and tbh i dont understand exactly why youre not able to go to his place or ask family? especially through family it was a way for me to tell people that im okay. it doesnt feel okay in the moment tbh but afterwards i do agree with it because how else are they able to know that im okay and will be back at some point?

also it did help me once that my friends visited me when i was in that phase. i hated it in the moment, i felt so much shame and just didnt feel good, but it showed me how much they care, that they werent mad and just were worried.

okay im gonna stop here now! i hope something i said can help!

tho i do need to say this is my experience and it might be very different for him, that why talking when hes good is so important!

CharlotteYangsilin OP July 22nd

Hii, thank u so much for sharing really…would u talk to me on this account more…@Yangsilin

jeanettx July 24th

i sent u a message there :)

BeautifulCurse July 22nd

I do that. I just can’t help it. Everything is overwhelming and overstimulating. Have you tried stopping by? I had a friend do that once and it snapped me out of it, even if just temporarily.

CharlotteYangsilin OP July 24th

hi thank u for replying. sorry to hear u suffer. we are not in the same country and he doesnt allow me to contact his family… that is the point. it has been 6 weeks now. how long does ur episode last?

willingPlane5542 July 24th

I might had the same experience, as I also had BD, In this a person doesn’t want that people around him will know his state of mind not even the dear ones, so he try to avoid all of them, but don’t worry he will talk the same way when he gets out of it and he will surely gets out of it. Sometimes, in this person thought process reversed, negative things seems positive to him and positive things seems negative, You can make him feel slight negative, don’t sympathise with him, because he will take sympathy from only such people who is just like him, sympathy from other people will just act intensify him problem. This helps me, you can also try if works if not drop it

CharlotteYangsilin OP July 24th

hi thank u for ur kind reply…do u mean BPD? what is BD? it has been 6 weeks, not even a word and no phone call is picked and i do think i got fooled tho....

transteen1815 July 26th

When something like that happens it's best to talk to his siblings if he has any BC siblings now their brother or sisters better