Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Schizophrenia

BugBabyBlob September 10th

Schizophrenia runs DEEP in my family and it usually starts in the early thirties for my ancestors, but for me it started in my early teenage years. This is the most scared I’ve been in a long time. I can’t trust anyone or anything anymore because I’m in doubt that it’s even real. These things in my head are out to get me and I hear them outside my room all night like really big rats like the one from “Choose Or Die” - the movie ( it’s a really good horror movie btw) I can feel them touch my and nail nails into my skin. Nobody I’ve told believes me because of my age and it’s getting worse, I just need something to help me.

It is obvious that this experience is tremendously terrifying and causing a lot of stress. Being in a state of psychosis means that it is hard to know what is real or not, something that can be deeply troubling as knowing reality is important for safety. This can be more debilitating if the hallucinations are dangerous or upsetting. You may not know if the entity or person you are really is there and may be trying to hurt you

Depending on where you live, there may be resources available publicly. Some resources can exist in schools while others may exist as hotlines. It is critical to find support and medication to help manage these symptoms as soon as possible to prevent further harm. If you are able to safely get a psychiatric evaluation, then it would be very helpful, but please be aware that the professional may feel you are someone who requires hospitalization. I don’t say this as a way of scaring you (it’s not a guaranteed consequence, especially since you seem self aware), but it is something I hope you are prepared for just in case.

If you have a close friend or family member that takes you seriously, they can help you do reality testing. They can help provide their input to guide you through knowing what is real or not. If you know of something that soothes you, helps you feel safe, or has helped you in the past, try to rely on them in the meantime. I hope you get the help you need soon.

Howegeorgia Sunday

@BugBabyBlob im sorryour feeling like this