Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forgetting who I am

indigoOrange9898 December 21st, 2022

I've always been very easy manipulated or influenced and it has become an issue for me. I don't think I know who I am and I don't know if I was ever able to have found myself. I'm in a relationship since I was a Teen and there was only a few months when I was able to find who I was as an individual, when my boyfriend broke up with me. We're back together now and more mature.

But all my life I've felt like I was living for others, for other people's liking. The time when I was an individual, I was doing "risky" things such as going to a party with random people or other "risky" things. But I've found friends that were mine, that had nothing to do with my relationship.

I feel like I'm losing who I am as an individual, like I don't know what makes me specifically myself. I felt like I was slowly developing who I was, until I got back with my boyfriend. I love him, but I don't feel much like myself.

toughTiger6481 December 21st, 2022

@indigoOrange9898

Finding yourself and your voice is very important IMO .....

you were finding your people and trying new things and getting to know who you are or want to be then get back with a BF and feel that slipping away ....... that can happen as in a relationship a partner can frankly hold you back.... i am not saying leave i am saying express your self tell them you need to explore and change sometimes and it is not a reflection on them

i recently went shopping for something and my partner was telling me they did not like an item I chose... when a complete stranger said something like "no looks good do it "

it was literally days later when partner said ..... The item is not what you would have chose and i am glad you got what you wanted but i see i am not keeping up with who you are but only seeing what you USED TO do ........ that took decade to be admitted

do not waste time on someone who does not want you to change /grow or be and know yourself.........If you are losing yourself speak up