Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling Hopeless

I have bipolar 1. I just lost my job due to poor performance. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get another job in my field.

juliak1968 July 28th

@compassionatePal9545\

Hello,

I'm sorry you are going through a tuff time right now! I understand and you're not alone!!

What type of work was your last job? I'll bey you will find a better job with more pay. Turn the page on that last job and concentrate. Don't let that rent space in your head. Take a fresh look at things after a few deep breathes and relax. Your perception may change and the fight and determination will come to you after you can relax. Don't use the last job for a reference. I know you will fight for this soon!!~ Better job and a new great outlook!!

Blessings, Day

TheLightofKintsugi July 29th

Losing a job can do a number on one’s self esteem. It can make you question your capacity for work and your abilities. Although, this event has occurred, and you can’t go back, I hope you can still see it as learning experience and opportunity. Without the capacity for mistakes, we’ve never have the beauty of growing as people. Give yourself some grace for what happened, treat yourself like a good friend who has the same problem, and allow yourself to feel all the negatives emotions while letting them move on. It is hard to feel optimistic that there will be a job open again in your field, but whatever steps you take, are just another step forward, no matter how small. I hope one day, you will look upon this event as just a blip in a journey that climbs higher everyday. Best of luck, and feel free to reach out whenever you need support or help.

vall11 July 29th
@compassionatePal9545  To be honest, I am also confused about myself. But if you were able to find a job in that major before, you will definitely be able to get a better job with more experience next time. Keep moving, my friend
MaryInthetrees July 29th

My friend,

This will pass. In the meantime breath and make micro-movements to console yourself. I hear that you feel unsure right now but consider that most people have lost one or more jobs due to a poor performance evaluation.

Allow yourself a set amount of time to be bummed out over this but then get up…. When you fall off a horse, get up and back on an even wilder one. Be bold and you will find a new job. When you do your homework for your new job hunt, consider all that you did right in your past jobs, and examine what actions were not your best. Develop a strategy based on an honest assessment of your strengths and weaknesses. Reach out to your network. Consider getting your condition protected by applying for intermittent coverage under the Family Medical Leave Act. Once your are employed again.

Ypu’ll be fine and the good news is that this firing is now in your past.

Ypur future awaits you. Make it one you will be proud of.

Best wishes

Punna23 July 29th

Hi,

I too have had problems in my work life after I shared with them about my illness.

And even in the jobs I did not share, I experienced high anxiety which affected my work highly.

But it is possible to improve our mental health and after working on it, it is possible to meet our goals. Our journey is going to be much harder than an ordinary person but it does not mean our tries will be futile.

Because we can try in life, it makes our lives worthwhile.

Good luck!

MaryInthetrees July 30th

Wow, what wisdom!!

Punna23 July 30th

Thank you! ❤️

SoniyaJonas August 5th

I understand how challenging it can be. Focus on managing your condition first; stable mental health will make job hunting easier. Consider speaking with a career counselor or joining a support group for advice and encouragement. Don’t give up—you have skills and strengths that can help you find another job in your field.