Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Has anyone here tried Brain Working Recursive Therapy?

jitterbugz7 May 26th, 2023

I have bipolar 1 and severe anxiety. I have tried CBT and DBT and found DBT more helpful. However I recently heard someone recommend Brain Working Recursive Therapy on Reddit. Has anyone else tried this particular kind of therapy? Would it be helpful for someone with bipolar 1? If I sign up for therapy here at 7 cups with the licensed therapists do any of them do this kind of therapy? Just curious. ty.

blitheSun94 May 31st, 2023

@jitterbugz7

Hello, jitter,

I cannot confirm whether any 7 Cups therapist currently holds this specialty. However, I am interested in learning more about this. What have you learned so far that you think may be beneficial to you?

KidRatHeaven June 4th, 2023

@jitterbugz7

Thank you for introducing me to these therapy styles-- done CBT for years and feel like It's not enough. Definitely would like to try DBT and look into the other. Best of wishes in your process.

blitheSun94 July 18th, 2023

@KidRatHeaven

Hello, Heaven! I feel the same. CBT is great, but it feels like only one piece of the puzzle.

Ckirkland June 18th, 2023

@jitterbugz7 I have Bipolar 1 as well, my anxiety and ptsd from my first manic episode used to cause me to have panic attacks almost daily. I lived miserably. I believe, for me, Mushrooms truly cured me from that. Read up on it or watch documentaries/ shows they’ve made on Netflix, etc. it’s actually positive, in small doses for Brian’s like ours. ♥️

Ckirkland June 18th, 2023

@Ckirkland Brains* lol

blitheSun94 July 18th, 2023

@Ckirkland

Hello, Ckirk! I relate to a lot of what you say here as I have a similar diagnosis. I am also interested in alternative treatments!