Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone else have thinning hair?

Phoenix84 August 15th, 2017

ok... here's one for the group..

I've been buzzing my hair for the last 21yrs... I know how fast and thick it came in... past tense...

This last year of finally getting help, and being medicated finally, it's no longer growing as thick or as fast. We're talking about a 1/4" of growth on my head in 5 weeks, and the beard is slightly ahead... normally I was lopping off over an inch of hair at 6-7 weeks, and trimming the beard with the 1" guard at 8 weeks.

The only thing different the last year has been an antipsychotic and calcium channel blocker (hypertension). Was temporarily on a mood stabilizer, and an SNRI.

Personally I don't really care about the hair, it just seems funny that it's a good 10yrs ahead of schedule for the family and both my GP and psychaitrist refuse to admit it's anything to do with the medications they have me on.

bunnypants August 15th, 2017

@Phoenix84 greh.

you can have thinning hair and still be a princess.

or anything else you care to be.

living proof :D

as for it being from meds.... yes.

but is it worth sacrificing meds for something that doesn't matter, anyway? :o

Phoenix84 OP August 15th, 2017

@bunnypants

If my head wasn't too lumpy to just bic it all off, I'd have been smooth as a cueball years ago... I tried ;) Right now it's that wonderful stage of still coming in enough to not just buzz it every week. But given how the last year has gone, I'd be surprised if it's still there in a couple years (still 10yrs ahead of the average for the family). Hopefully the weight loss goes faster than the hair ;)

As far as giving up meds for it? Never. It's not the only side effect I've had to deal with, just the only one I haven't found a solution for yet. I've had a few conversations with my GP over the years ;)