Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

autism & honesty

i get really, really effed up when people lie

even in situations where neurotypicals think it's more polite to lie. i never agree with that, because i don't care about reputation or momentary embarrassment or even momentary hurt. no. i care about respect, and honor, and honesty. if you don't wanna hang out with me, tell me. if you don't love or even like me as much as you think i do you, tell me. if there's something you're ashamed of, tell me. if i make you uncomfortable, tell me. if there's a boundary i'm overstepping without realizing it, tell me. WHATEVER IT IS, I CANNOT JUST "TAKE THE HINT." AND I WOULD RATHER FEEL ANY RANGE OF EMOTIONS NOW THAN HAVE MY REALITY SHATTERED LATER. i vastly prefer to just take people at their word because it makes things far less complicated, usually, and there is little i will judge someone for...except for lying. you could be a self-aware narcissist, i've met one, she was a lovely individual; because she was working on healing, which meant working on recognizing the needs of others in order to have healthier, longer-lasting relationships; and as long as there is communication, reliability, and respect, honor, and honesty, we will be fine. i don't care nearly as much about empathy, sympathy, normalcy, neurotypicality, but by the melting grace of a snowball in Heck, i care very, very much about communication, reliability, respect, honor, and honesty

rant over

ASilentObserver May 23rd

@shoutingintoether thank you for opening up and sharing with us, shouting. seems like honesty is extremely important to you in your interactions with others. You value authenticity and openness, which can sometimes lead to complex situations but also helps prevent misunderstandings. How has this impacted your experiences with others?

shoutingintoether OP May 24th

in a lot of ways. there’d be too many stories if i told them all.

some people don’t appreciate that about me. *** ’em. some people do. those are my strongest allies.