Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What not to do with someone with anxiety.

Ivoryrose8311 June 2nd, 2015

After today's ridiculous amount of anxiety here's some tips.

Don't tell the person to think positive. Don't you think if that was the magic key to everything that there wouldn't be a thing called anxiety. Don't you think I've not tried that?!

Do give the person space. Let them be. Met them get air. Don't talk. Quiet is their friend. Let them breathe.

dont figit. Don't get too close unless they say otherwise. Don't make stressful situations more stressful.

rubberSeal222 June 2nd, 2015

I agree with this so much. I've had my struggles with anxiety throughout my life and it is not easy for me to calm down in a second when I have so many anxious thoughts in my head.

CatPlum24 June 2nd, 2015

This is great! Thank you for posting some ideas. I suffer from bad anxiety and I'm still trying to figure out what calms me down best

kaksjrmwmtm June 2nd, 2015

My husband and I botth suffer wth anxity now. The hardest thing we both have done other than watching our son take his last breath is watch the other one suffer in any way. These tips are helpful. but how do you sit by and watch a loved one suffer when you yourself know the pain

LunaLlama9 June 11th, 2015

Yes, thank you so much. The worst is "Just calm down". If it was that easy, I wouldn't be so anxious.

It's a little thing, but thank you so much.