Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Too scared to talk to listeners?

Firepenguin711 September 23rd, 2015

I'm too scared to talk to listeners even though I know they talk to other people and they are here to help. I can't help but think they want to help everyone but me, like I don't deserve the help.

Minyaa September 23rd, 2015

Hi there :)

Please rest assured that all the listener here want to help all the people that needed help including you(yes, you :D). So don't you worry and chat us the listener any time you want and all listeners will be glad to help you when we are available :)

MidniteAngel September 23rd, 2015

@Firepenguin711

Our members are our top priority. You are just as worthy as the next. Never see yourself as anything less than perfect. You are not a burden, here you will be deservingly treated like royalty. The listeners and volunteers are here to listen and support you. It is our job and our passion to help and aid others. There is no need to feel ashamed, nervous or worried. This is a judgment free zone. Why would we discriminate against an innocent such as yourself?

You are worthy. For no other reason that you're alive. You're worthy of love, success, support, health and happiness. You're worthy of exactly what you desire in your life. Stop holding back or limiting yourself because you believe you're unworthy.

No matter how different, how messed up or broken you are, there will always be someone there who will love you, help you and cherish you. You matter. Each of us are one and only's. Whatever you've been, whatever you are and whatever you will be. In so many insignificant and momentous ways. Truly the world would not be what it is without you, nor will the future. It's not selfish to put yourself first, it's necessary.

You're one of a kind, irreplaceable, and impossible to replicate. Do you know what that means? You're priceless. No amount of gold or money can ever match you, because no one on the planet's history or future will be just like you. Make today the day you change for the better. Because darling you deserve so much better than this. Remember that you are loved and treasured, and don't ever forget how amazing you truly are.

lovelyWhisper66 October 16th, 2015

Hi there! I know you made this post some time ago, but I want you to know that we are all here for you. Please feel free to contact me; I also have social anxiety and can relate to your concerns. Take care, and I wish you the very best. We believe in you!

damchu90 October 27th, 2015

I feel the same. I'm really scared to talk to them, I feel stupid.

xXBeccaXx October 27th, 2015

I feel the same way. I always get the nerve to find a listener (after some time) that I feel I could get along with, but when it comes time to click the 'connect' button, I get so anxious and start thinking that I'd just be wasting their time. I always end up chickening out in the end.

jdbavon October 27th, 2015

I'm not scared to talk to listeners, but I have noticed most find me annoying and will even not respond. That does not really help the situation for me when I basically get on here when I feel the worst

ilove5s0s October 27th, 2015

hello everyone

xXBeccaXx October 29th, 2015

Hello...

audrasan October 29th, 2015

I, too, get very nervous about connecting to a listener, and when I DO get the nerve to find a listener and write a post, before I submit it, I just go ahead and delete it. I feel so silly and stupid and I, too, think I'd be just wasting the listener's time. Glad I'm not the only one.

Aerodyne October 30th, 2015

Hi there, I'm the same. I've been on this site for a few weeks now and I only just worked up the courage to talk on a group chat for the first time tonight. still haven't connected with a listener either, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way :)

LetItBeatles October 30th, 2015

It's hard to believe that a stranger wants to help or even to tell a stranger why you're on here or what it is you're dealing with and have faith that they'll want to listen and keep listening and talking... Just having someone solid around to talk too would be nice.

gracefulAngel96 October 30th, 2015

Hello Firepenguin!

Our goal here at 7 cups is to listen to and support everyone, including you :). We certainly would never want you to feel uncomfortable talking to any of us, so please feel free to take as much time as you need to start the conversation. Just know we are all here and want to support everyone unconditionally :)

SadSpaceman November 2nd, 2015

I feel the same way about contacting listeners. I just get so nervous that I just avoid it entirely or I will connect and then immediately leave. It seems silly especially since I can be active in the group chats, but I find it uncomfortable and don't believe I am worth the support. Sort of glad I stumbled upon this and now know that I am not the only one.