Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

So lonely

Estelle1313 June 1st, 2015

Hi. So imnow sixteen and yeah I have a couple of good friends, and sometimes we actually manage to plan to do somethig after school time, but they are mostly introverts so. Im shy so its hard for me to get new friends, and I have all these negative thoughts about my self hanging over me as a shadow.

I feel everyone else is so much freely them self, and Im still stuck in my shell. I want to break free but how? When I always think of what other thinks about me, and all my dad has to say to that its not think about it. Thanks dad, as I havent tried that.

I just walk alone, and feel shitty, fat and miserable. Im not good at literally anything. Sports, I get hit so much I cant count (with a ball), and singing (I like it, but not any good or bad), art (im normal i would say). And I love taking photography but, Im not good at it.

So Im now as usual stuck and hiding in my bedroom, with my curtains in front of my window (so its like cave).

And I listen to sad music and relatable quotes and just cry. Its so fun to be a teenage wohoo... (Im sarcastic).

Sorry I wasted your time reading this. But thanks anyway.

misplacedsoul June 1st, 2015

Hi, the best thing I can say is for you to be who you are. Be proud of yourself ...u will be surprised with who supports you.

powerfulGlobe3617 June 8th, 2015

The best thing that I have learned along this journey of life was to love and embrace myself. In a world where everyone is trying to be different they are all the same... As a teen I felt the same way I had a lot of self esteem issues it actually wasn't even until the fast 5 years that I learned to be comfortable being me and I feel great. I think often of how much time I waisted waiting to come out of my shell, but know that everything works in its own divinetiming. Do something that you have never done before each day.. no matter how big or how small.. do something that is true to you each day.. baby steps and before you know it that will just be your way of living.. being you. I hope you find what you are looking for girl.

ShyFish16 June 14th, 2015

I felt the same way for several years. I will be turning sixteen pretty soon, and feel this way sometimes. One day I decided, my dad doesn't understand me, and that's ok. I learned to be more independent. Now I, have a job as a waitress, play soccer, volunteer at the local food pantry, and do anythingto occupy my time. The key is to stay busy. I have also joined Taekwondo. Then when I start having negative thoughts about myself, I go kick around a soccer ball or run. Anything to stay preoccupied. Hope this helps. :)

lipsofdust June 14th, 2015

Well I pass pretty much all my day stuck in a bedroom also, trying to feel less tortured by my mind, so I definitely know what you are passing through. I have been feeling for years that I was good in nothing, I still think a bit, but what it matters is what you love, you won't be good if you don't practice. About feeling miserable fat and ugly...good luck with what! I still am a deeply sad person with no self respect so if you find out how to get rid of negativity tell me please. But still, my sincere compliments, good luck.