Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social anxiety

Littlepaco May 14th, 2021

I really hate it I can't even order my food in a drive thru or restaurant I have to have someone do it for me I can't talk to people or it gets akward very quickly I really want to go to my first job interview but I nearly have a panic attack at just the thought of it I have scheduled many but can't bring myself to do it.

KelliV68 May 15th, 2021

Hi, i really thought about what you said. Its just a thought, but maybe its not social anxiety. Its very possible that you weren’t allowed to be independent when you were young. “The adults” didn’t allow you to test your skills away from them. Im socially shy but can easily talk to strangers. I hate large group gatherings but can go to a music concerts by myself no problem. Growing your independence will take practice, patience, and a little fear. Maybe before you get the a drive thru, look at the menu online so you have an idea of what you want when you get there and try ordering your meal. You got this! I hate ordering too because it takes me forever to read the menu, so i check it online first. 😉 You got this!

KelliV68 May 15th, 2021

BTW, if I’m off base about the independence part, tell me!!!

bamgongi May 15th, 2021

I have social anxiety too. Thinking about going to wedding makes me very anxious. I just want to break up with my boy friend because he makes me go out. I have nothing to say to anybody. I just don't want to socialize even though I am lonley.