Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just a little shy girl with a deep story

LittleLily February 16th, 2015

Hi, I'm Lilyroseand I am thirteen years old. I have been through a lot, including depression, anxiety, sexual harrassment, friend abandonment, and bullying. I am painfully shy and everything frightens me. Loud sounds, sudden movements, unexpected touching, you name it, it scares me. There is only one person that I trust and she is distancing herself from me. Her name is Miss Durkin and she is my PE teacher. This woman is so very special to me. She is like the big sister I have never had. She is the only person that I trust. I wrote this letter for her, please I would love to hear your opinions on it. I don't know if I should give it ther or not. Please tell me if anything I said will offend her or if there is anything that Dear Miss Durkinโšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŽค๐Ÿ’ƒ
I feel awfully bad for bothering you, and I hope that you can forgive me for that. If you haven't noticed, I am a little bit shy. I appreciate your wanting to help me, but I feel very guilty for making you be a part of this.๐Ÿ˜ž I also would like to thank you for talking to me in the first place. Most people pretend not to notice me. I knew that I needed help and that I would need to talk to someone. But when your as shy as I am, it is hard to come by people that will actually listen.๐Ÿ‘‚ I wanted to talk someone, but I didn't know who. Trusting is very difficult for me. I knew exactly what type of person I wanted. Someone understanding, someone sensitive, someone with a soft voice๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ’–There aren't many people like that and I didn't expect to find someone that I could trust. I considered many people, observing each one carefully. I believed that your personality seemed to match the one I had in mind. That day in the computer lab, I knew perfectly well what I was going to do ๐Ÿ“ I chose a seat in the front, by myself. I acted as if I was scared, or nervous. You saw me. You didn't pretend not to notice. I honestly wasn't expecting you to react how you did. I didn't think you would try to talk to me. Well anyway, I told you. The sexual harassment thing was not the reason I wanted to talk to you๐Ÿ’ฌ You didn't ask if anything else was wrong so I didn't tell you. I remember that day vividly. I trusted you. I felt satisfied with myself, as I believed I had chosen the right person. I wasn't all that surprised that they called ๐Ÿ“žmy mother. After that day, you started acting very differently around me. I felt as if I could cry๐Ÿ˜ชI was scared to death of you. Petrified, I guess you could say.๐Ÿ˜ต I tried to hide behind random people in the gym, but now that I think about it, I must have looked pretty foolish. I don't know you too well, and I still am pretty scared of you, but It really did hurt when you ignored me๐Ÿ’” I tried to get you to see me, but you pretended not to notice that I was bothered. I wanted to talk to you so badly, so, so badly.๐Ÿ˜‘ I trusted you. I waited outside your office for 20 minutes. The locker lady saw me, she got you. You looked me in the eyes ๐Ÿ‘€, like you were really worried about me. I don't remember that conversation too well, as I was dizzy and scared๐Ÿ˜–. It is very uncommon for me to experience the feeling of trust. Trust is like a diamond--so rare and precious that you are always afraid of losing it๐Ÿ’Ž But when you do find it, it is the best feeling in the world. With a past of abandonment, this feeling is completely unknown to me. There is something about you that contents me, and makes me feel safe. I appreciate Mr. Johnson trying to help me. He is very nice, and I like him, I like him very much. Though the fact that he is a man intimidates me and makes me feel uncomfortable. You seemed like you wanted to hand me off to him and be done with me, which I can understand. ๐Ÿ˜• He is a very kind person, though I feel that he isn't the right person for me.๐Ÿ™ I chose you. I picked you myself. I trusted you. I guess I feel kind of abandoned. You act abnormally around me. When I was sitting on that railing in front of the Little Theater, you walked right past me, like I was invisible.๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ญ I do not know how to explain exactly how I felt at the moment, but the closest word would probably be "devastated."I cried myself to sleep that night, pathetic huh?๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ด Yeah, well that's just me for ya. You are the only person that I feel comfortable talking too. I appreciate Mr. Johnson's effort๐Ÿ’™, it truly means more to me than words can explain. But I chose you. All this is over with the boy, but my broken spirit still remains fractured.๐Ÿ˜ถ I am sorry I dragged you into this, I should have never trusted you in the first place. All that trusting ever brings me is abandonment and regret. I am but a child, and sometimes I do stupid, stupid things ๐Ÿ˜ž My innocence is leaving me, one piece at a time. I am no longer that cute, sweet little girl that I once was. The feelings of isolation and self doubt are taking over and I am not powerful enough to fight them away.๐Ÿ’ชโŒ Reliance and certainty are two things that I lack. I am not at all suicidal, so please don't report this or call my mother. Forcing me to see a therapist is going to do nothing but get me out of school early. It took me four careful months of scrutiny and observation to choose you ๐Ÿ”Ž Setting me up with a person that I did not choose myself will only incarcerate me and cause stress and anxiety. I appreciate your attempt to help, it really does mean a lot to me to know that someone cares, or did care๐Ÿ˜Œ
~Lilyrose๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‘ง๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŽ€
you think I should remove.

MorningStar610 October 4th, 2016

@LittleLily

Hi Lily,

*warm smile*

"here would you like to have some herbal tea and fresh baked cookies?"

It has been quite awhile since this was posted. I was wondering how you are doing now? Have you found someone you can trust to talk to?

cyanPlatypus6370 October 16th, 2016

@LittleLily ... Dear Lily, I've been there. I know that's not the response you were looking for ... I think you said more of a 'is this letter okay, should I give it to my PE teacher or not.' Oh my dear, I feel as if I'm writing to my 13 year old self :'( I feel your pain and fear in what you wrote. I am so glad you wrote it out!!!!! Good job. Like the other member above said, you posted this quite a long time ago so I don't know if my response will even be helpful or not.

I just want to tell you - Well done. If you sent the letter or not, well done. Lily, you wrote it! And I think you described your thoughts and feelings very well. Thank you. Thank you for not being afraid and putting it up here at 7cups.

Take care young friend! heart Platy

Juniper8 October 18th, 2016

@LittleLily

Hey there, i don't know if you'd read this now or not. But i wanna say, we all are proud of you. The letter is amazing. Your thoughts are pure. This post is quite old. I just hope you're doing good now and get whatever you want. ^

#GoodLuck. :)