Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm having a 'bad anxiety day'

TheFace October 22nd, 2015

Um, hia. I'm Nick and as you can probably guess i have anxiety.

I miss a lot of school because of that. One day a week I'm 'sick' while in reality i just feel.... Gross. Like i feel as if i have to go out and deal with anything i will throw up but I'm not really sick so I don't know what my problem is. I dont really care though because it hasnt dropped my grades but recently my teacher has confronted me about it...

what happened was he would be all passive aggressive or whatever with a "wow. Youre here on a friday! What shock! This isnt really nick" and all that jazz but today he brought it up again with a "did you get a part time job or what because school is a regular thing you know" and i couldnt say anything and it wasnt even like he was really asking, it was like he just wanted to throw me under the bus in front of everyone like a public shaming 😓

I dont know if im using this thread going correctly or if im just being whiny but i cant calm down because the thought of it shakes me.

thanks for listening or whatever

nick
Alsupaz3220 October 22nd, 2015

Yeah, cant stand school neither, but i think that when i dont show up nobody even notices. I dont know how long its been since i actually said something in class haha. Fuck school

viviazuria October 22nd, 2015

yeah I understand what you mean, teachers can sometimes be completely blunt about something and of course its insulting to you because its dreadful to spend a long day in school while suffering from a lot of anxiety. Teachers are human beings too, chances are it gets under their skin a little and they are taking it out on you in that passive aggressive manner without realizing the reasons behind why you do it. Good luck and hang in there, vent your thoughts, let it out and feel better.

sunnySouth9041 October 27th, 2015

@TheFace I'm sorry your teacher does that! Perhaps you can stay after class one day and let him know that you don't like when he does that, and you'd appreciate it if he could stop. Maybe let him know that you don't come to school some days for personal reasons, and that if you could, you would be there every day. Or, if you are too anxious to say it to your teacher, you could write it down and then hand him the note as you leave class. I hope it works out for you and he stops!

igetcha November 27th, 2015

@TheFace I feel ya. I've missed class for that reason too. It's so tempting to miss class when you can still get the grades w/o leaving the comfort of your home. I can relate to the feeling physically sick from anxiety. 1 thing I've realized is people would rather have you there and spacey or exhausted or whatever than not there at all. People including teachers tend to take everything personally. He might feel offended that you're not showing up. Maybe he thinks you feel his class isn't worth coming too. Something that helps push through is isolating stressful situations. I have lingering anxiety that makes it hard to focus and it helps to pick out what situations actually stress me out and only think about those situations when they're actually happening and distracting myself before and after. It helps go on with my life the rest of the time. Easier said than done. I know. I doubt he meant to throw you under the bus so much as tell you he doesn't like you missing class. I don't know about your specific class but in most classes there's something positive you can focus on. On days when I'm really stressed out I go to class and zone out. I'm there physically but not mentally. I try to be there mentally as much as possible too but we all have bad days. Baby steps haha.