Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dream or Reality?

OptimisticBirch September 16th, 2016

I really need advice on this T-T

Starting from several months ago(not as often as now though) I've been unable to distinguish several episodes in my life. I didn't recognised it myself until I brought it up with a friend of mine. At first it's only an insignificant episodes like chat experience with my friend that actually didn't take place. But recently it kinda escalated to conversations I have with numerous people and truthfully it's quite scary for me T-T

It make me confused which of the event actually take place T-T

I would love to actually confirm several episodes but the thing is some of those episodes can't really be confirmed, like discussion with the boss. I do really have the conversation in real world but the content of discussion seems to be mixed up with the one I have in my dream T-T

Anyone ever experience this and know how to deal with it?

hopefulRainbows30 September 16th, 2016

@OptimisticBirch Hello! I have an experience of this too, only once though. I thought my mom bought some groceries but then I realized it was just part of my dream. I do not really know the science why this occurs but I know that we dream a lot but then we forget them most of the time and that our dreams are supposed to be bizarre or unrealistic so that we can differentiate it from reality. It's cool to think that the we might be assigning norms for what is real when there might be no difference between real and not real at all hehe. I hope I make sense hehe.laugh

OptimisticBirch OP September 16th, 2016

@hopefulRainbows30 It makes perfect sense, but when your dream is not unrealistic and tend to be very similar to your real life.. It's get pretty confusing though because you'll ended up not saying things that you should have said because you thought it's already happened and might miss something happening in real world.. I guess that thought got me distracted :)

hopefulRainbows30 September 18th, 2016

@OptimisticBirch Yes, I understand. I almost did not buy anything and spend a night with no supplies and food when I thought my mom brought the groceries (the realistic dream). surprise Does this happen to you like almost everyday? If it is, then you may really be so confused. Have you talked to anyone close to you about this?

OptimisticBirch OP September 18th, 2016

@hopefulRainbows30 It's happening pretty often lately.. There would be a week off the realistic dream and a week almost full of it :( I've tried to talk it out with someone close to me but they brushed it off as a stress. They might not be wrong about that

hopefulRainbows30 September 19th, 2016

@OptimisticBirch I see. I imagine how confusing it might be. But you have raised a point though about stress as a factor. Maybe, you can consider if you need to relax, practice mindfulness and to take care of yourself more.

OptimisticBirch OP September 20th, 2016

@hopefulRainbows30 yes, been trying to do that :) Now I'm hoping that as one by one of the stress factor is gone I can finally be more relaxed as day goes by :)

hopefulRainbows30 September 21st, 2016

@OptimisticBirch That's good to hear! Hope you'll have less realistic dreams (along with the stress it may bring)! Please keep us posted! smiley

LosechesterBros September 16th, 2016

Hey @OptimisticBirch :)

Wow, yes I've actually had to deal with something like this in the past too. It can be confusing indeed. I looked into "lucid dreaming" when it happened to me and started making myself "aware" that I was having a dream in my dream :) Well, different things work for different people and for me it's just never happened again so yay.

Often (especially when it comes to our childhood) we make some memories up to "fill in the gaps" which is perfectly normal, as far as I'm concerned :) So memory isn't always that reliable in the first place.

Hope you'll keep us updated :)!

Have a good day <3

OptimisticBirch OP September 18th, 2016

@LosechesterBros Ah I see, I am well aware of lucid dreaming though. It might be one of the lucid dreaming but I am concerned is how I deal with it myself by being very distracted and else. But yes, we tend to make our memories unconsciuosly, so I hope this is nothing too serious

namgum61 September 18th, 2016

@OptimisticBirch Stick it out. Best of luck :)