Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxiety Attack

LovePom March 2nd, 2015

I have a band concert tonight and I have two parts that are similar to solos. I feel so overwhelmed and my heart won't stop beating really fast. I almost lost it in band practice. I don't know how to keep fromworrying so much. I feel like I'm going to ruin the whole performance and everyone will be mad and they'll make fun of me. It won't be the first time something like this happened >.<

I just want to disappear so badly right now! :(

aquaWater8983 March 3rd, 2015

Don't worry u will be just fine just breathe and say I can do this if u miss a cord than just keep playing if kids laugh at u then let it flow off it shoulders every one gets nervous its ok to mess up don't worry u will perform very good and good luck

LittlePenny March 3rd, 2015

Before hand, or whenever you're feeling anxious, take some deep breaths. When I was in orchestra, if I messed up, I'd just play it off, ya know? I'm sure you'll do great, but if something happens, you can always try to make a joke of it, when people see you laugh at yourself for a simple mistake, they have a harder time holding it against you. If that makes sense.

LovePom OP March 3rd, 2015

Thanks guys! I actually did excellent! It was really tough before I got there. I was shaking and breathing in a very strange way, but when I took yalls advice, I felt confident! Thank youheart

aquaWater8983 March 3rd, 2015

Great news made my night now I can rest knowing u did great ... My kids were the same way and in the end they were happy they followed through with concert just means ur strong and can overcome anything life throws in ur path

LittlePenny March 3rd, 2015

I am so happy to hear that! And congrats! And as Aquawater said, this shows that when things get tough, you have the strength to get through it! :)

Bellaballerina101699 March 3rd, 2015

Omg. I'm freaking out! Im in high school and today my wallet was stollen! I have so much important info in it tht is so hard to replace! I want to scream and cry and idk what in the world to do. I reported it to the school, but I didn't hear anything from them. This sucks! It had this weeks lunch money in it too! Raaaaawr!