Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

how I feel...really.

faefaerie93 July 20th, 2019

Okay, so I've never been good with making friends. I have a handful of them, and admittedly, only one of them lives nearby.

Some time soon, however, she's going to move away. Like, to another country.

I've been trying to process this for a week, properly, since she gave me the news. Of course, I'm worried about my friend. It's called growing up and that's something I feel like I haven't done yet. In certain aspects, compared to my friend, I am the more 'adult' out of the two of us. But with this, she out-adults me?

Anyway, it may an irrational decision and its probably going to make me sick, but I have decided that...maybe I'll move too. She's moving to be with her boyfriend. So why don't I move to be with a bunch of people I've known for five years?

Okay, I know, that's a bit much. But, seriously, the thought of my one and only friend leaving me...it's kind of killing me.

persistentPlane1881 July 20th, 2019

@faefaerie93 hey I think it's very healthy to feel somewhat of melancholy when facing a goodbye situation, even when it ends with joy and celebration. I believe it's already a part of moving on. However, it's not the end of your friendship, it's just an end to a chapter of your life and a beginning of something else.

I hope you already made a proper closure to your past before moving on. You could totally stay in contact with your friend, especially if you worried about her.

Talking from my experience, making a new friend was not always good, but not neccessarily bad every time. No need to pressure yourself into intimate friendship or to replace something that doesn't need to be replaced. Just make sure to have a nice time and be yourself.

Have a good day.