Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

can someone help me calm my anxiety down?

anaaordazz September 13th, 2016

I just came back from er BECAUSE of my anxiety and until Monday I have an appointment with this mental health hospital. but I barely eat, I only slept for about 2 1/2 hours. I'm home now, I'm anxious and feelin nauseas. I'm trying to eat, I ate at least 4 chicken nuggets. it's been literally 24 hours since I last ate. I'm so anxious about everything, I want/need to calm down. so I can sleep peacefully until Monday, and not worry I'll faint or have panic attacks. just anything please, I don't have tea, (believe me I wish I did I love tea) like honestly I just need someone who understands me. I feel really alone with this, I feel anxious, and upset and overwhelmed, I'm 17, and I haven't even been going to school. I just want to be okay from this feeling.

diplomaticBunny2322 September 13th, 2016

@anaaordazz I'm sorry you feel that way. You're not alone ♥ For me, it helps taking a step back to observe my thoughts until I can see that my fears are irrational and I can make myself let go of them one by one. I take time to reassure myself. Also, little things, like a cup of coffee or a warm blanket, petting an animal or doing yoga. Remember to be kind to yourself. Don't judge yourself for the way you feel or push yourself too hard. It's okay to give yourself a break.

diplomaticBunny2322 September 13th, 2016

@anaaordazz oh and listening to calming music. There's a lovely playlist on youtube called Mostly Strings that does a great job of calming me down.

EleNergy September 13th, 2016

@anaaordazz I'm so sorry you're going through so much anxiety right now. The best you can do is give yourself some love and self-care. Instead of tea sometimes, I make hot water and soak a lemon in it. Some people hate it but it calms me down a bit. Feel free to check out these tips to reduce your symptoms: http://psychcentral.com/lib/9-ways-to-reduce-anxiety-right-here-right-now/

Hope you feel better soon. <3

dreamingSunshine September 13th, 2016

@anaaordazz

It makes me really sad to know that you are going through so much, You are an amazing person who has every right to be happy and not suffer like this. You have all rights to enjoy life as much as others are doing. If you want, you are always free to messege me anytime. I wish you all the peace and a great day tomorrow.

You can try something from this list of hobbies and see if they make you feel better. I am sure there are others that can be added :-

Meditating or praying
Making plans for the future
Finishing something
Talking with a friend
Watching TV
Sitting/lying in the sun
Listening to others
Drawing
Playing an instrument
Looking outside
Watching people
Watching a movie