Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

byrddog September 10th, 2016

I have been in the 35 and over chat room.... I do not know if the person actually killed themself. But this was the threat.. After much talk the person stopped responding... I tried to revive the room, as did another chatter.. But as you may expect,, a lot left, and whoever remained.. It was very awkward. Now I know.. This very easily could have been me.. I am just hoping to see the person in chat tomorrow... But I am left a bit shaken.... It is always a thing that you hear about. But I found out today, that actually being in a situation where someone is saying that they are going to end it....... Then you no longer hear from them.. It will make a person think, about a lot of things! And it also made it hard for me to breathe.......

CaringTeresa September 10th, 2016

@byrddog WAs there a listener in the chat? I am so sorry that this happened and I truly hope the person is ok as well. Did anyone suggest to them to contact suicide hotline? I understand how scary and upsetting that can be to not know if that person is ok. Try to stay calm.

byrddog OP September 10th, 2016

@CaringTeresa I sent hot line numbers......

RarelyCharlie September 10th, 2016

Yes, it does leave you shaken when something like that happens. It can affect your thoughts and feelings for quite a while, and even make it hard to breathe. I hope you were able to talk to a listener, or someone in real life, about what happened and about your feelings and reactions. Or perhaps you will do that after your feelings have settled a bit. If you'd like to talk to me, feel free to message me. You can also call a suicide hotline yourself if you have been personally affected by someone else's thoughts of suicide.

In real life I have worked as a volunteer for more than one suicide prevention organization. I've known people who did take their own lives, and many more who thought about it. In that kind of intensely personal crisis it seems extremely unlikely that someone would go to an online chatroom and make threats. I wasn't in the chatroom, of course, but I think if I had been that would probably have been my thinking.

@byrddog

byrddog OP September 16th, 2016

@RarelyCharlie I did speak to a monitor... But I picked up on her in another room.. It was a fiasco.... But all is well. I am thankful for your concern about me and the possibility of me and "ending it". But I have had that game in my life. God has shown me... It is not something that is in His plan for me. ....I still have sadness.. But I really think it is a part of life that is meant to be experienced.... I also think it is a mistake to teach that all is roses..... Life is not now, nor has it ever been that way!... As a female told me once, that was a "steady" of mine, the sun is going to rise tomorrow no matter what I do.... So I should start thinking of others and not just myself!

namgum61 September 16th, 2016

@byrddog Sometimes people just can't be helped.

byrddog OP September 16th, 2016

@namgum61 I have felt that in life.... I have had many people in my life tell me how "wonderful" life is,... When I just did not feel it..... But I made it through............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69BertdSt4