Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Zero energy

sincerePlace8195 April 12th, 2022

Yesterday I went out with friends for the 1st time since the pandemic started. I've gone 3 times to the movies with my boyfriend, sometimes I have to go to the office, I've went to painting classes and to see my therapist, and twice I went with friends out of town to spend time in nature, but I haven't had a social hang out in the city in two years.

Before going out I started feeling like i wanted to cancel, and on the way I feel I couldn't breath properly, the mask was super tight on my face and I started to feel scared, it wasn't that bad but still it was an unpleasant sensation. Honestly i had a really good time with my friends, but still there was anxiety mixed with everything. On my way back home I felt the same breathing difficulty, and my stomach also felt weird. When I arrived I felt like I was finally safe, but I started feeling fatigued, and I still am. When I woke up today my body felt super weak, like what you feel sometimes after being sick for some days, I haven't been able to concentrate in work all day, and I kind of just want to go to sleep.

Trying to go back to "normal" after quarantining for so long is being really hard for me, honestly I feel like I don't ever want to be in social situations, work feels like there's no option, but when I have an option I want to say no and stay home. I feel like the thing tha affected me most yesterday was being in public transport and moving in a giant city like the one I live in. I feel like my batteries died and I can't charge them back :(

Mattie123 April 12th, 2022

Hello @sincerePlace8195,

It sounds like you experienced some fear and anxiety on your public outing. When we feel fear and anxiety, we release stress hormones in our body. What you may have been feeling yesterday and today is your body processing those hormones, which will eventually leave your system. I believe as you leave your house more often, you will become more comfortable and will no longer release stress hormones. I’m sure you’ll be feeling like your old self very soon.