Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What if’s in my future (more of a little rant sorry)

CallmeKir January 5th, 2021

I feel like I’m in limbo right now. On the one hand, there’s the possibility of having to flee my state in the next year (don’t wanna go into why), and on the other hand there’s the chance it won’t happen, and the fact that I just need to live life as normal. There’s this fear of all of these what ifs like “if we go would it be the straw that breaks the camels back for all of my friendships?” And “if I voiced why we may go would I be laughed at or called an idiot?” It’s simultaneously frustrating and scary. I hate it but what if I’m just making a big deal out of something that doesn’t happen anyway? That’s why I don’t talk to friends about it, I’ll seem like an idiot or a drama queen if nothing ends up happening. Also sorry I’m probably being annoying again and I’m not sure this is even the right part of the forums but here’s the post anyway.

luxx454 January 6th, 2021

@CallmeKir I do not think you're being a drama queen or overreacting. It's scary to have the possibility of needing to flee the state and move for your own reasons. It makes sense for you to feel scared and frustrated because the uncertainty is real. Even if nothing happens, your feelings are still valid because it's a possibility and i feel your friends would understand this. I also have many anxieties that I feel make me seem crazy but I try to be patient with myself even though sometimes these feelings and thoughts are not easy. If you ever need to talk about it, there is a very supportive and nonjudgemental community here

FluffyPanda020 January 6th, 2021

@CallmeKir I'm currently struggling with fearing thoughts in my mind that SEEM real but I know in my head and soul they'll never actually happen. I wish I knew why we fear things that'll likely never happen. My brain convinced me it could see the future or something but in my heart, my thoughts are nowhere NEAR my future nor will they ever be a part of me except my past.