Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unsure How To Handle My Anxiety/Depression

Snowvixen1532 April 3rd, 2020

Hi, so my primary care doctor recommended me to download this app. I have been struggling lately with my anxiety and depression since the beginning of March. I recently had gotten down with something with no flu like symptoms but with some things I have been expieriencing it has been really tough for me to relax and calm myself. It seems to affect me more at night when I am trying to sleep. I can't find myself to sleep without the comfort of watching television. I had recently gotten out of a 6 year relationship, so sleeping alone at night is something I am not use to. I find most of my comfort getting reassured by my doctor of my vitals and lab work but recently with Covid I am in fear of even seeing a Doctor in person so over the phone is the best I got to talk to mine. I still feel anxious since I have no clue what's been making me feel so sluggish and weak. I live with my dad and my brother but we arent so close. My dad is kind of a negative person who doesnt understand when I try to talk about my anxiety or whats troubling me. I'm really close to my mom and my siblings but they live far from me and I don't wanna risk leaving the house and getting any of them sick. My mom believes I could be suffering from cabin fever since I havent been able to leave the house and have really anyone to talk to, I even keep a safe distance from my brother and dad. I find myself crying a lot and stressing at night from missing my family and being in fear of everything.

Jem7Cups April 3rd, 2020

Hi @Snowvixen1532,

Times are scary so it wouldn't surprise me. Thank you for bravely sharing your story with us. I think what's happening is that you're focusing too much on the negative (which is really easy to do right now). Perhaps try and keep yourself distracted? I know this is harder than it sounds, but I know you can do it.

We're here for you

Jem 💜

barncat April 3rd, 2020

@Snowvixen1532- welcome to the community- there are lots of different ways of getting support- verified listeners are a start- review their descriptions to find someone who resounates. Take care.

happychan2006 April 3rd, 2020

@Snowvixen1532 It sounds like cabin fever....I have been suffering extreme cabin fever myself so i would understand. Although I recommend Keep drinking plently of water and make sure your eating well. With the sleeping sitation i reccomend listening to ambeint sounds on youtube (such as rain and ectera or you could try lofi). Backround noise is the best to listen to when trying to sleep. Times like these are scary but try to stay relaxed. I also recommend keeping a journal. Writeing can help let out words.

depresssion can manifest itself as a physicall illness, this had happened to me as well....I have flu like sypmtoms I had even gotten a fever. I was weak and slow. Than I Stopped being as depressed and i wasnt sick. Though im not saying this could be happening to you i really wanna help though so i really hope my suggestions can help you out!

ErikaS May 2nd, 2020

I'm sorry, you have to go through this. Do you take medications? What did your doctor say? I would look for the natural ways of treatment before taking pills. The first thing that appears in my mind is CBD. It is proved to be beneficial for health. Many people use it for depression and anxiety and find it to be helpful. In my opinion, it is better to try it than to use medications. And of course, it would be great if you had someone who could support you and be nearby.