Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sunday night anxiety

Amie7 April 3rd, 2016

I work Mon-Fri and Ive noticed that I tend to get more anxious on a Sunday night! Why is that!? Does anyone else get this!?

Am I subconsciously worried about going into work tmz, another week ahead of me etc I dont know. Any tips on how to ease this sunday night anxiety? Thanks....

SamiHall April 3rd, 2016

@Amie7 I used to suffer with this every Sunday night/Monday morning on the journey to work, yet when I got in and started my day the feeling of worry soon disappeared. Have a hot bath and read a good book to settle your mind.

Amie7 OP April 3rd, 2016

@SamiHall

Nice to know other people get it. Im worried about whether ill sleep tonight or not... and feel very panicky! Thanks for yoir reply... I need to get myself a bath.

SamiHall April 3rd, 2016

@Amie7 no problem at all. I'm new to this but feel free to message me if you need to, i wont be asleep for a while yet :)

Amie7 OP April 3rd, 2016

@SamiHall

Thank you - Same goes to you. :-)

AmoebaButt April 4th, 2016

@Amie7 Yep, I totally get what your saying about Sunday night anxiety. Something that helps me is to go to the gym or go for a run on Sunday evenings. It's an instant mood booster and I'm convinced it helps burn off that excess adrenalin generated by all of my anxious work-type thoughts. Just know that you're not alone, my friend!

SamiHall April 4th, 2016

@AmoebaButt there was me telling her how to asleep ans I'm still awake myself nearly two hours later for the same reason.. Oops.

AmoebaButt April 4th, 2016

@SamiHall that's okay.... I didn't go to the gym tonight like I wanted to; so I'm sitting here all anxious! Nobody's perfect. The important thing is that we share as many tools as possible with each other so if one doesn't work 100% of the time (or *we* don't work it! 😝) we can try another. In fact, imma take a hot bath in a bit! Thank you! Hope you get some rest tonight.

SamiHall April 4th, 2016

@AmoebaButt I don't feel so bad now knowing there's other people awake who should probably be asleep too. I don't even feel anxious rn, it's just my body clock telling me it doesn't want to get back into a routine after having the last 10 days off work. Fun times!

Amie7 OP April 4th, 2016

@SamiHall

I fell asleep on the sofa warching tv around 2.30am... i woke up and took myself to bed at 4.30am. A bit worried that im going to be tired for work today, but i can imagine ill be nackerd and ready for bed tonight. Oh the sunday night is a lot worse after some time off. I looked this up on the internet last night, saying that sunday blues a very normal. Its because we finish work on a friday on a high.... and that goes on a sunday night - blues. Its like a mini holiday blues every wkend they said. lol. Hope you have a lovely day today...