Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social Anxiety???

reezfa December 27th, 2020

I feel so nervous if i meet someone new... I can sweat a lot when i talk to them! My mind and body don't synchronize. I think i'm not nervous at all sometimes but my body reacted otherwise. Like sweating a lot! Even if i talked to stranger on the phone.

It really annoys me. Do you ever have this kind of anxiety? Is it called Social Anxiety? Because i have no idea... I just wanna be normal 😭 i'm so tired sometimes...

sensitiveSailboat January 1st, 2021

@reezfa Social situation easily drains my energy and the feeling of uneasiness, overthinking and how someone perceives me just increase my heart rate and can't help the shivering.

fluffymarshmallowpuff December 27th, 2020

@reezfa

Yes, what you are experiencing is social anxiety and I can relate to this so much. I have felt like I'm not normal for years so you're not alone there.

@reezfa

Feel free to talk to me if you wanna talk about social anxiety related things if you need someone to listen to you! I have been going through this for years but I'm trying to get over it. I won't promise that I might be any help but I'll try!

reezfa OP December 27th, 2020

@fluffymarshmallowpuff hi fluffy! Thank you for your reply! How can i chat you btw? Like personal chat? I really want to share this issue with you... 🥺

@reezfa

Personal chat is fine! I have a lot of free time to listen so this won't be a problem and I hope you feel comfortable enough to talk about it :D

reezfa OP December 28th, 2020

@fluffymarshmallowpuff i thought you are a listener 😅 So unfortunately i can not chat with you. But its okay! Thank you for your reply. I really appreciated it 🤗✨

Apeach33 December 28th, 2020

@reezfa Yeah it is I shake like I'm cold and sweat like I'm hot. It gets in the way of dining regular things.

@achantae33 i thought i am the only one 😥 do you still have this issue? How you handle it? Honestly i'm still caring this since i was in high school, until now. It's really bothering me 😔

@reezfa I'm really coming into understanding I have this problem I didn't have it as bad as I do now. I can't talk to my landlord or have extended face to face interactions unless I absolutely have to even then I'm freaking out before hand and if anybody points out a flaw in me I immediately feel shame and get defensive so I just stay away from people in general. It's ruining my marriage because I can't take criticism and I'm practically a shut in. So yeah I understand exactly how you feel...

@achantae33 omg! I feel that too... when someone starts to realize there's something wrong with me, such as sweating a lot, my shirt got wet or something like that, i'll starting quiet and talk to myself "why am i so sweating like this?!"

The worst part is even someone didn't point that out, i'd still thinking to myself and getting afraid someone will notice it. "Does he/she notice this?" "Is my shirt getting wet?"

Its so exhausting. Sometimes i wish i can go to a therapist and discuss this issue or maybe cure it. But i still don't have a chance 😥

@reezfa I think it's stress sweating. I want to control it too I repeat I'm not afraid in my head but the shakes get me. I only feel normal either when I'm alone with my kids or animals. Anybody else it's some form of uncomfortableness even with my partner whose been in my life for 10 years he seen my spiral happen because I wasn't always like this at least back then I had friends to an extent.

reezfa OP January 2nd, 2021

@Apeach33 oh i'm so sorry about that... :( but how do you feel that right now? Do you still have it or?
It must be hard tho to have this issue when you have partner. That's why i don't any relationship at all. I'm just so afraid of what people thinking about me, even if i had a partner someday 🥺

Dorothea29 December 28th, 2020

@reezfa, for social anxiety this is totally normal. I can't wear certain clothes in some situations because they reveal too much the sweat and then it is even more anxiety inducing, because I know people notice it. I also get that feeling of heart palpitations before saying something in a group situation, like all of a sudden my heart is racing fast and it distracts me from what I wanted to say and then I get scared to even talk, but I've already raised my hand, etc... There are a lot of resources on this site to help explain what and why this is happening.

@Dorothea29 i can relate... 😭 i usually avoid to wear grey or light color shirts or sweater. I used to wear navy or even black when i go out with my friends. It helps me to reduce my anxiety if i'm sweating.

My heart will also beat so fast if i'm about to do some presentations or talk in group discussion. Its just like, im so afraid if people see something wrong with me...like "how do i sound?" "do they like my idea?" "is someone notice that i'm so nervous?" etc.

oh! Because im so nervous, i'll start to talk so fast! 😭

I wish i can get through of this. I really want to be normal. Like my friends 😔

Dorothea29 December 29th, 2020

@reezfa, you can get through it! I know I wasn't always like that, so there's a way to go back to not being like that. I'm sure the same it true of you as well. It is all in our heads... and though it may take time and work, it can get better. Also, just a reminder, your friends may not have this particular thing, but they probably have something that makes them feel not normal either :-) There's few options on the "growth path" for anxiety and social anxiety. They have been helping me.

reezfa OP January 1st, 2021

@Dorothea29 thanks Dorothea for your answer. Yeah... I think time heals. I just need to made myself think more clearer or reduce overthinking. I hope i can get through this. It's been almost 10 years. 🥺

Dorothea29 January 3rd, 2021

@reezfa I believe in you and that you will get through it. I think for me it started about 7 years ago... so also a long time. But I think wanting to do something about it and trying is half the battle.

softBreeze7534 January 1st, 2021

@reezfa

I can relate to this so much and it takes lots of time and effort to help yourself become less anxious is social situations, but you will get through it and social situations will start to get easier. However, always make sure you are not drowing in social time and make sure you have some alone self care time :)

@softBreeze7534 hi breeze, thanks for the answer. Yeah, maybe i'll getting used to it if i need to go to some situations that i need to be more socialize... Of course, me time is the best for me. 😅 I'd love to spend my time alone, although it's fun to hanging out with my friends. 😊

nnSomeone January 1st, 2021

@reezfa yeees, sometimes it can even happen when I'm talking to someone that I have known for a while. I keep catching myself overthinking, sweating and getting tired when I'm put in new social situations

@nnSomeone hi someone... Indeed! 😭 That's why i'm getting more tired and tired if i need to speak with someone. It spends a lot of energy. I hope we can get through this tho. 🥺 But do you know how to handle this issue for yourself?