Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Paranoid out of my mind

purpleBunny9255 November 21st, 2020

So I'm not sure why but recently (past week or 2) I've been really paranoid for what seems like no reason at all. My boyfriend leaves for work (4:45am) before I do (5:30am) and he always texts me when he gets to work he was running late 1 day probably by like 5 minutes and I was panicking that maybe something had happened to him, fighting the urge to call him the whole way to work until he texted me. I take the dog for a walk at night (which I've done everyday for 2 years around 7:30pm without problems) and I'm speed walking to the point that she doesn't get to stop and do her thing and just goes potty in the house. I live in a good neighborhood, well lit, low crime, people are friendly, but I wake up some mornings and wonder if my car is still going to be in the driveway (which I also never worried about before). I'm not sure what's changed but I feel like I'm freaking out all the time unless I've got myself locked into my house.

GlitteringNights November 21st, 2020

@purpleBunny9255

I know everyone says it, but I am so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. Anxiety in any form is awful, but most definitely when it feels like it's coming at you all the time about things you've never had a problem with before. It sounds really exhausting what's happening now and I hope that it's sooner rather than later that it eases up on you. I wish you all the best in dealing with this. Do you have some solid healthy coping methods to help you out?

purpleBunny9255 OP November 21st, 2020

@GlitteringNights

Thank you for your comment

I don't really do anything except try to power through and get to a point where I'm distracted enough by something. I just try to stick to my normal habits and tell myself everything is fine but this is really starting to bug me especially since there doesn't seem to be any real cause for it.

ouiCherie November 21st, 2020

@purpleBunny9255

Sounds very challenging and anxiety can be overwhelming at some point.

Please check out some tips to manage it here:

https://adaa.org/tips

I hope you'll find a coping strategy that fits you best 💕