Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PCOS related anxiety

unassumingJar1322 November 11th, 2022

Hi,

I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I am.undermedication. ro normalize my periods, my doctor has prescribed some conteaceptive pills. Now I am having side effect of those pills as having nausea and breast pain. Having nausea is not much concerning but since the day i have started having this breast pain i am having tremendous level of anxiety. I am checking if there is any lump or not. I am checking if i am having any pain if i am doing certain movement or not. The worst thought i am having is what uf i am having breast tumour or xancer. Is it treatble. I do not have money to treat myself. Am i going to leave my parents as they. I do not want to be like this. I know i am being unreasonavle right now. But i am having soooo much anxiety and i cant tell anyone about this because first everybody else is having their own issues why would anybody be interested in my issues? Second i cannot be selfish of just ramble around to my close people. My mother tried to comfort mr vy saying that it might be temp. Even my doctor said that this is the side effect of those medicines only and to stop the medicines. If adter that also it continues she asked me to meet her. But the thing is even after her confirmation i am anxious . What if my pain does not go away? What if it is something else? What if i am not going to be okay anymore? What if i am doagnosed with something else? What if my family cant handle it?All these what ifs are eating me alive from last few days . Can so.ebody please tell me.what should i do?. Anyyy small help would be fine.

I just want to overcome.this siruation. I want to live little.vit more free

Josh3889 November 16th, 2022

@unassumingJar1322

Thank you for sharing & I am sorry to hear about your increased anxiety. There are many things that you can do to help decreased your anxiety. I really think that you should start by grounding yourself with the facts. The facts being that this is a side effect of the medication & it is to be expected, even with conformation from your doctor. You could also try grounding & coping exercises.

Please message me or click on my profile, if you ever need a chat!

unassumingJar1322 OP January 2nd, 2023

Hello , Thank you for your kind words, now my periods are coming even if those are rare. But the anxiety about my breast pain is still there, worse you can say. I am checking continuously if I am having any oain or if i am having any kind 9f lumo, if i am having a sysmptoms abd dont even know. Earlier i tried to convince myself that since i am only 28, it wont happen with me but the fact that it can gappen to anyone and pcos people are more vulnerable for these kind of things and pain all of a sudden in my breast area seems like i am having something and i dont want to end up like this ,this soon.. can you please help me.get out of this zone

Josh3889 January 11th, 2023

@unassumingJar1322

Thank you so much for the update & I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling. Please send me a message or book a time with me by using my profile. Hope to hear from you soon!

unassumingJar1322 OP March 9th, 2023

Hello, Yes this anxiety is increasing day by day without any reason. Till now i had anxiety all of a sudden and with the coping mechanisma which i got to know were working okay but now there is always this anxiety that may be i am doing something wrong. Like even if i am down on my health i am terrified that i am letting my very closed ones down specially my folks. It feels like if i ever do something which they dont like, they will start hating me and they wont even listen to me. I dont know if this is okay to be like this or not.

Josh3889 March 9th, 2023

@unassumingJar1322

You are doing great, if you need anything just let me know!

SarineLewis November 20th, 2022

Hello! I too have PCOS. Birth control is so weird! I tried one that made me super paranoid! It was so strange. If you contact your dr and explain the side affects you can most likely get a different one. Because PCOS often causes higher estrogen levels, your anxiety could also be from hormones. Low estrogen/progestin only pills might be a better option for you.

unassumingJar1322 OP January 2nd, 2023

Hi, Thank you so much for replying, a tually i ralked to my doctor and she said that since the medicine she gave me is having side effect on me, every ither medicine will be same cause all of them are having almost same composition. S9 food habits and exercise are only way. Per se my oain is also not that much but there is still this constant anxiety that i might be having cance and i dont inow, and i do not hqve any money for treatment, next year i am getting married, what id afterbthat something like this comes up? What if i ruin his life. What if i am just making things worse. I am always checking these days for the sysmtoms. To the point i feel.like i have become obessive on this. I am going mad over this. Can you please help mee by saying if you felt the same way anyhow.

cindyzheng1344 March 9th, 2023

@unassumingJar1322 It can be really scary when you experience side effects from medication, especially when you have a history of anxiety. It's understandable to feel worried and anxious about what's going on with your body. It sounds like you have a supportive doctor and family, which is great. It's important to trust their advice and follow through with their suggestions. If the breast pain continues even after stopping the medication, make sure to schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor to address any concerns. Remember to take care of yourself and practice self-compassion during this time.