Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Opening Up About Anxiety

ShadowDance November 30th, 2019

Sometimes I feel like opening up about my condition. Sometimes I feel rather closed hearted about it. I have been suffering from anxiety that has been disabling since I was a young child. I would entirely stop moving and thinking clearly when anyone was near by. I was severely afraid of everyone, even my family members themselves. This had first lead to very poor grades and impacted on my ability to remember and understand information. As I grew I became very observant of my surroundings and picked up easily on things. With this my grades steadily raised. Although if this was the end of my story, it wouldn't have complicated things so much further. 7 years ago I began experiecing my first episode of active psychosis. Requiring me to leave everything behind that I was studying and stopped advancing in my life. It held me back a lot from succeeding. I had been hospitalized, I had gotten some medication, talked to a therapist, althoguh I was terrified of my therapist so I vaguely remember them. I always kept forgetting who they were every time I'd be in their office I was very confused and lost. Schizophrenia it was. I never really understood much about it even though I was very keen on studying the human brain at the time. When this break with reality happened it opened my eyes to the deep and persistant horrors that sometimes plague me entirely. I could not begin to imagine what living in fear of my life was, until the moment psychosis hit me. It's a scary place to be in and sometimes you may feel like you can't escape from it. But through my poems and paintings I intend on showing all of my experiences with my anxieties and psychosis. Thank you for reading it means a lot to me that you'd take the time to do so. Thank you.

Felicityx November 30th, 2019

I don't feel like talking to anyone in real life .... I feel bad when I communicate with people. Everyone seems happier than me...

ShadowDance OP November 30th, 2019

@Felicityx

Yes we often cannot talk very much or often around other people as it tends to disrupt others. If I did not have the internet there is no doubt I'd still be trapped inside of my self isolated and never speaking to anyone.

Nettie456 November 30th, 2019

@ShadowDancei just found this group I feel less alone now

ShadowDance OP November 30th, 2019

@Nettie456

Its great you are supported here. We're all here for you too. Both of you. Thank you for talking with me.

Nettie456 November 30th, 2019

@ShadowDancei I never realized I was disrupting people when I needed to vent I am so grateful for your insight Ian going to practice self care more

LexiJesusNJgir14Lif3 November 30th, 2019

I suffer from debilitating depression and anxiety both, and in August 2017 both were linked to PTSD (I was diagnosed with PTSD at that time) that goes back to my childhood. I want to be able to talk to people who say they care about what is going on inside of me, but those days are gone because either these people can no longer handle it, or do not want to hear it or both. I need safe people who can handle how I feel and possibly even help. I want to be able to move forward with my life and to think clearly and make healthy decisions. I understand how you feel @ShadowDancer and those of you who do not feel you can share what is going on in real life with real people (face to face). I am a pretty good listener who also needs other good listeners who are willing to listen and equipped with the strength needed to be able to handle my problems/what I share with them in trust and confidence.

Rubi777 December 1st, 2019

@ShadowDance I have to force myself to be social it's hard I feel like everything coming out of my mouth sounds stupid I think too hard about what I'm gonna say and I feel like I just sound dumb and makes me not wanna speak at all

ShadowDance OP December 3rd, 2019

Thank you all for the replies I feel a bit overwhelmed right now but I will respond individually later on. I'm glad we have a place to discuss here.