Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to this

Chay22 July 8th, 2018

My first post in an anxiety thread and I'm a little nervous.. Um, the last few months has been atrocious and I've developed terrible anxiety. I have very few friends and very few people I can go to when I'm struggling. I am pretty sure my only friend right now is upset with me and I'm really upset about it. Trying to learn how to cope with everything and control the panic attacks.

lovelyWhisper66 July 8th, 2018

@Chayton Hello there, it is a pleasure to meet you! I am sorry to hear that your anxiety has really been a burden for you. I appreciate you opening up to us about what has been going on with you.

It is a struggle to not have many friends, but it's also a matter of quality over quantity. I hope things get batched up with you and your friend. Also, how have you been managing the anxiety/ panic attacks? If you haven't already tried them out, 7Cups has Mindfulness Exercises for various purposes. You can check them out here: Mindfullness Exercises

I wish you all the best; you are so strong for still being here despite what is going on. Hope to hear from you; take care!

Chay22 OP July 8th, 2018

@lovelyWhisper66

Thank you so much for your feedback ,I really appreciate it.

ReadBooksDrinkTea July 8th, 2018

@Chayton Welcome. I'm also sorry to hear of your anxiety and can relate. In addition to the Mindfulness exercises, I also personally like Calm.com (it's both a site and an app). If the Mindfulness exercises don't work for you, there might be with Calm you may like. They also have background soundscapes if need some nature/calming noises.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Chay22 OP July 8th, 2018

@ReadBooksDrinkTea

That's really helpful, thank you so much!

ReadBooksDrinkTea July 8th, 2018

@Chayton You're welcome! :)