Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Job Anxiety.

krissylynn2 September 19th, 2016

I haven't even started my new job don't even know when I start but I already feel so awful, I can't sleep and my stomach hurts so much. I don't know why I'm like this I want to work my depression is going well and I know I can do it so why do I always feel so worried about things I can't do anything about? IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

LosechesterBros September 19th, 2016

Hey @krissylynn2 !

Thanks for sharing and opening up to us about this :( I'm sorry anxiety is giving you such a hard time at the moment.

Things that are out of our control can really make us anxious even if rationally we are aware that we can conquer these obstacles. I hope you know you are not alone with these feelings :)
There are many ways to deal and lessen this anxiety. Have you checked out our self-help guide?

Hope you'll feel better soon and good luck with your new job!

Have a good week :)

Roadie September 19th, 2016

@krissylynn2

That's anxiety in a nutshell though, isn't it? I have mine under control but still fight those thoughts every day. It's a real challenge for those among us that do suffer from anxiety. Just remember that you've come thiis far, you've done the tough stuff, one step at a time and it'll be fine.

helpfulSugar9 September 20th, 2016

@krissylynn2

I'm very sorry you're experinecing this! Just so you know, you're not alone! I can totally relate to this. Starting a new job is nerve wracking! But I am impressed by how you got it! I had an interview for a volunteering and I couldn't sleep that night either. So I went without sleep with my eyes so sensitive to the light. It was nerve wracking because it was a volunteer at the school that I want to go to!

Anxiety is hard to ignore, but maybe try to focus on your achievements such as having been able to get the job in the first place and maybe reassure yourself that you can do it!!!

I, at least know that you can! I can see the potential! I hope this helps you!

sal202 September 20th, 2016

@krissylynn2

Congratulations on your new job. I have a lot of respect for you placing your fears to the side and taking a new job. It is normal for anyone to suffer from anxiety when they are starting something new, or there is a change in their life. This is all positive action. I will keep you in my prayers. I wish you a lot of success in your new job. God Bless

namgum61 September 21st, 2016

@krissylynn2 Try and stick with it. It gets easier. But you gotta do it every day. That's the hard part. But it does get easier.

krissylynn2 OP September 21st, 2016

Everything went so well and I feel so much better, thanks for the love and support!

LosechesterBros September 21st, 2016

@krissylynn2

Yay! That's so good to hear :) Glad everything went well

sal202 September 21st, 2016

@krissylynn2

That is good news. Good for you

Roadie September 21st, 2016

@krissylynn2

Yay 😊