Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm too lazy and that makes me anxious

chonamgyulx1 February 15th, 2020

If I am to evaluate me as a person I would say I'm pretty messed up.

Most of the time I have so little energy to do anything at all.

My mother complains a lot about me, urging me to be more motivated just like herself. It irks me that I should constantly listen to her complains, but what I hate the most is that I am agreeing with her.

Yes, Mom. I am too lazy. I want to be like you. I want to be more motivated.

But the more I think about "motivation", the more I don't wanna do anything.

I procrastinate a lot. I know I gotta do it NOW, but my body doesn't want to. I feel chained in this body.

I come up with thousand of ideas a day, but I never work on them. My head is buzzing with ideas and I can't let them free. I'm too lazy too. That's why I'm anxious. I wanna be a success, but it feels like my body doesn't.

I feel like a bird in a cage. She wants to be let free, but the cage is locked. Someone has the key, but that someone is not me. I'm just a locked bird after all.

What is wrong with me? :(

FinleyTews February 16th, 2020

Hi. I'm sorry you're feeling trapped and unmotivated. I often feel the same way, especially since I have been looking for a job for some time. What do you usually do when you're procrastinating? Do you feel like it's just a lack of motivation, or maybe something else as well, like fear of failure, difficulty with concentration,...? I'm struggling too, but I usually try to break the tasks down to small steps, and just take it one at a time, or make myself do something for a short amount of time (15-30 min), and then relax. Hope this helps a little!

luxx454 February 16th, 2020

@chonamgyulx1 There's nothing wrong with you, as being unmotivated and lazy are not necessarily problems. It's just in our society being busy is praised, however many of us are busy doing things we are uninterested in or busy doing things for others. This is not always the case and some people acutally feel motivated in their work, however there is no pressure to be that way. You may go at your own pace, since life is honestly not a race. You may feel disaapointed in yourself that you cannot free yourself from the cage you feel locked in or that your mother feels like you're lazy, but at the end of the day, it's your life. And sometimes the more you stigmitize yourself for being a certain way, it's harder to do things because you keep wondering why you are this way. It's okay to be this way. I am unmotivated in some things in life, but that's okay because I am sure one day you and I will find something that we are motivated in.

yoveeta February 17th, 2020

There is nothing wrong with you... I know that feeling very well, when you want to fo all those things.. But you just don't do... You might even make plans, but still just don't do... Simple things like staring jogging a few times a week.

It's not laziness...

miraculousMagic20 February 17th, 2020

Thank you for sharing!! I thought I was alone in this, but we're not! Hours of doing nothing... Has turned into weeks and months. I don't go to school, and I skipped out on work haha and I felt so bad..but yeah try to reach out and grab onto positive things, like your favorite book, movie...go and see the sky and watch the clouds, the birds...that gave me just this uplifting feeling. You are doing the best you can and that's amazing. You'll find your purpose soon enough