Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't feel like doing anything

Isthatallthereis March 3rd, 2017

Been doing well for awhile but a few disappointments at work, tons in the news as well as PMS have caused me to just not get out of bed for 3 days, the one time I dragged myself to work late, I basically didn't talk to anyone and vomitted a few times and went home. I can barely write emails "explaining" my absence. I don't feel like eating. I don't feel like talking to anyone. I don't feel like reading. I don't feel like watching TV. I feel like screaming and crying but I feel completely frozen and unable to actually feel this emotion. If I try to meditate or nap it's just an unending loop of what could be wrong with me, what I could be doing, what I should be doing to fix me, etc. Etc. I know barely leaving my room is slowly driving me crazy. I know I've been here before, but if I try to do anything it's just waves of anxiety and feeling frozen (like when I went to work I knew I immediately knew in the elevator I needed to go home but I just kept thinking strangers would know there was something wrong with me if I turned around and went home).

CoinFountain March 4th, 2017

@Isthatallthereis

Sounds exactly like depression and possibly a bit of PTSD if the news is causing you that much trauma. I've been there a few times and was on meds for it a few times as well. Mindfulness exercises here have been helping second recovery along too which I didn't have the first time around.

crimsonMelon8700 March 17th, 2017

I am sorry that you are going through this.