Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I allow myself to feel anxious, it's magical

chonamgyulx1 February 17th, 2020

Hello, I yesterday I was anxious almost all day long and so I tried to do some journaling.

I intended it to be more like a diary where I pour out every negative thought, but in the midway I started to realize another thing.

I was being mean to myself,

by wanting to get rid of this anxiety and pushing myself to be all happy bubbly.

With this picture of the "ideal me" in mind, I didn't allow other than perfection. I blamed myself for the circumstances, as well as for being so anxious and fearful.

I knew "what should be done" and what "shouldn't", but the more I thought about fixing things, the stronger the anxiety.

So I tried to validate my feelings, and wrote this:

I think I have the right to feel anxious, mad, depressed, trapped. I have the right to think negatively.

I dont blame myself that I am ruminating negative things

I dont blame myself for my suffering

It all makes sense

I have the right to feel suffered

Nobody could judge me for my feelings and decisions

It makes sense thats Im anxious bcs Im going to study overseas next month and I have little to zero preparation

We dont even have the money

I have the right to feel anxious for it

I am allowed to feel the tightness in my chest and cry out of pain

I have the right to blame circumtances and the people around me

I am allowed to do that, its not wrong at all, its the right thing to do, it makes perfect sense

BUT

I am allowed to feel bad. But I wanna feel good.

I am allowed to be afraid. But I wanna be brave.

I can feel humiliated. But I wanna feel honored.

I can feel stuck. But I wanna be free.

I can do nothing. But I wanna do something.

I am allowed to ruminate. But I wanna only think positive thoughts.

I am allowed to blame the circumtances and myself, but I wanna be thankful of circumtances and myself and learn something for it.

I can be lazy, but I wanna be passionate and ambitious

I am allowed to cry, but I wanna laugh

I have the right to hate, but I wanna love

I have the right to procrastinate, but I wanna do it now

I am allowed to think that I am not enough, but I wanna think I am enough

I am allowed to have low confidence, but I wanna trust myself

I am allowed to think that I am limited and handicapped, but I wanna think that I am limitless and unstoppable

I am allowed to scroll through social media all day long, but I wanna be productive

I am allowed to not contribute anything at all, but I want to be someone who makes other lives better

I am allowed not to work at all, but I wanna work hard

I am allowed to hate myself, but I wanna love myself

The moment I finished writing, I felt it kinda freeing, so I'm going to continue doing it.

I share it with you guys in case it could help someone.

juliak1968 February 17th, 2020

@chonamgyulx1

Thats wonderful! Yes, you are allowed to faulter and not be perfect. Your allowed to hold yourself to high standards, while allowing yourself to be human with flaws. Its ok to embrace our flaws, but we are aware we can do more because we are aware we can

ReadBooksDrinkTea February 17th, 2020

@chonamgyulx1 Thank you for sharing with us. :)