Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I make this feeling stop?

Rhiannon12 March 9th, 2021

About a year ago, I caught my husband cheating on me. It wasn't physical he says, just through text, flirting and lying to me about it. I've been on a Rollercoaster of emotions. I have lost all confidence in myself since he did this to me, and I am having a hard time getting past this. Every time he doesn't talk to me at work, or he wants to go somewhere with friends, my mind says "is he cheating again?". How do I make this stop? I have horrible anxiety in these moments and I don't know what to do. Please help

littleMap1862 March 10th, 2021

Hi there, I have had a long term partner cheat on me, and wanted to share my expierence with you. I didnt leave my partner - he left me, eventually. I thank God he did because I dont know how long it would have taken me to get the courage to leave myself. I felt just like you, and years on I struggle with myself when in a relationship. I worked so much on myself, I am a confident singleton. But in a relationship, all of the fears and anxieties I had the last time come back - without merit and completely unfair to my new partner. It is the worst feeling in the world, when you don't feel like enough. When you feel like you are crazy, or unwanted. You find ways of making what happened because of you, rather than because of them. Is anyone in this life worth being miserable with? Is anyone in life worth dulling your sparkle? Think about things, ask yourself can you really be happy with this person again? Focus on yourself. Fall in love with yourself. And if you choose to leave, there is someone out there who will love you right the first time around. If this guy is worth trying with, obsessively open conversation is needed. Choose to trust, or leave whilst you can remember some happiness with this man. Neither option is easy, good luck with it all.