Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How I feel today? Having high anxiety.

DragonessCocoa1 September 20th, 2021

I am on the verge of having an anxiety attack today.... A few years ago my husband had an emotional affair with our kids auntie and I have been struggling at times to deal with it. I have to keep in touch with this woman because of the kids. They mother passed and we have to share guardianship of the youngest child. I have to spend the day with her today in order to fill out paperwork for the child. My mind is playing tricks on me and I feel very anxious.

underthetides September 20th, 2021

I know I am the least qualified to talk about this since I’m a young adult know nothing about relationships or kids. But my intuition tells me that trying to make the kids your priority can helpful if your mind is somewhere else worried about this woman. What would a loving parental figure do? They would care about the child and try everything they can to make sure that kid is safe, happy. and comfortable.

A lot of the time when I’m anxious, it’s because I’m preoccupied worrying instead of living in the moment. But if there’s something in your environment that you can latch onto and put all of your focus onto, I think that’ll help. Good luck!