Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

H

syydC July 31st, 2019

Hi

im new here . One of the few things I go through is health anxiety. Its one of the tricky mental disorders to get through and get over for me. Im already a person who values taking care of herself , so Im always in a self-monitoring mode. Even if I am distracted, Ill sometimes monitor myself while working or talking.

By self-monitoring , I mean that I literally listen to myself and every twitch that may come or twinge that comes....or Ill look to see , in case it comes...if I see a bump, I google what it is..Ill probably have a leg ache but think of something more. If I have a panic attack, while panicking , Im monitoring myself to see if this is the same things Ive dealt with before (*TRIGGERING /SCROLL PAST IF SENSITIVE TO READ FOR YOU -sorry , only want to describe what i only sometimes go through* sweaty palms, sometimes-palpitations, hyperventilating, tense muscles , butterflies in stomach, grinding teeth, shaky hands)

if I feel anything other than that, I panic but yet forget Anxiety brings on a bunch of things. Its crazy, trying to center myself and not go to a clinic to be reassured. I downloaded a Dr app, and I ask questions almost daily. I have to delete it. Im in medical debt because of the countless visits. I cry often because Im ashamed of this, my boyfriend now knows of this & I want to run away.

Anyways, what do you guys deal with, with this? Has anyone ever overcame this & what methods have you done ?

adventurousBranch3786 July 31st, 2019

@syydC I feel very anxious at times,heres what helps me. I do different deep breathing exercises. Ex: Breath in slowly to count of 5, hold breath for count of 4, exhale slowly to count of 7. I do this for 5 minutes and if I haven't calmed down I do it for another 5 minutes(I usually calm down after 10 minutes). I also have things written down that I read to calm down ex: In the grand scheme of things this is no big deal, I'd rather things were different but i"ll get thru it, this is irritating but next week it'll be history.(I have a whole page of quotes that help me calm down) I hope that you find something that helps you.