Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Generalized Anxiety and New life changes

DauntlessDuck August 16th, 2020

I've had a lot of life changes happen recently. My boyfriend's father passed away unexpectedly, I started a new job, I was getting ready for a BIG move. I experienced the most severe panic attack and ended up in the hospital and then got diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I've just now moved into my new place and I happened to move to the same city where my abusive father is. I've been having dreams about him nearly every night and it feels like a haunting I can't shake. Nearly every day for the last 3 weeks I have felt suffocating anxiety. There were 2 days where I felt amazing and like myself again, but I'm back in that rut. My doctor prescribed me Clonazepam for panic attacks and I only take it when they're practically paralyzing so I won't get dependent on it.
I used to have insomnia and an ED when I was a teenager so I'm worried about having them again because I made so much progress. That adds to my stress. I lost weight already and I'm working to gain it back.
The positive things are: I've just reached out to a therapist to get professional help managing my anxiety so I can feel like myself again. I've been able to read and watch TV shows/movies again, which helps me relax. My boyfriend is going to set up a gaming system so I can game with him while he's away at college. We're also going to schedule a night each week to watch a show together so that I have another outlet to relax! This last week I've been able to participate at work more and I'm feeling more peace about my job. It's going to be a battle but as my doctor said, "[I'm] in the middle of the storm and even though [I] can't see a way out, there are others who can help [me] and [I] will get out of this storm." I gotta remind myself that I've battled and beat it before and I can do it again.

jaedae August 17th, 2020

@DauntlessDuck

Thank you for sharing.

jaedae August 17th, 2020

@DauntlessDuck

Thank you for sharing.

jaedae August 17th, 2020

@DauntlessDuck

I learn from you.

jaedae August 17th, 2020

@DauntlessDuck

I learn from you.