Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Financial anxiety

Orangecat5093 March 20th, 2021

Anything that can help with financial anxiety? I feel like my worth is tied to my poor financial health and being poor means ppl can abuse me.

WizzfulWizzle March 21st, 2021

@selfconfidentComputer3306 Thank you for posting. It is normal to feel what you are feeling at the moment. Just know that you are not alone. I am also dealing with poor financial health. I made the first step of acknowledging the issue. That is always the hardest part. Never let finances dictate your worth. You as an individual is more than money. I am sure you have a great personality and are an awesome person! Do not let others abuse you! If you need to talk we are here to listen! Never think that you are alone! You yourself are your worth! If you need someone I am here for you! Have a great day! Stay blessed! : )

HelloMarie March 23rd, 2021

Unfortunately, we live in a meritocratic society so it's gonna be inevitable for our self-esteem to take a massive blow whenever we struggle financially. Have you identified what makes you feel worse about your situation though? For me, it was social media. I noticed that the more I see my peers posting about their glossed-up successful lives, the more horrible I feel about myself. So,I stopped using FB & IG. I've then devoted my time to learning how to deal with my MH issues, engaging with MH communities online, starting a simple exercise regimen,preparing affordable healthy meals, & improving my financial literacy. It makes me feel better when I focus on things I can control compared to when I was mindlessly scrolling on my social media feed. I also try to be more compassionate to myself. I constantly remind myself that sometimes being well-off is not merely based on one's great ability or persistence to make money. Sometimes, other people just have certain privileges. Sometimes, no matter how hard one works, lady luck still plays a vital role in the results & it's not always in one's favor. I also have this corny peptalk where I tell myself that: All I can do is give my best shot & if it doesn't work out, then I have to get up & try again. There are times when I bawl my eyes out. Other times, I take a day off from the world. Learning to be my own ally has been a tedious process and I still am a work-in-progress myself. Hopefully,along the way, I could also learn to detach my self-worth from how much money I make. That would be a dream. Sadly, being taken advantaged of when one is poor does happen. Well, it did happen to me but I believe that those who have better finances are not exempted from this kind of suffering either. Anyway, I'm not sure if any of the coping mechanims I mentioned is gonna make sense to you at all. At the very least, I hope my words distracted you a bit from everything that's bothering you now. Hang in there! I'm rooting for you.

Seaworld30 March 23rd, 2021

@azureOwl1147even rich people may experience abuse, it's two different problems

Seaworld30 March 23rd, 2021

could you gain qualifications to increase your financial value?@Orangecat5093

organticCandy3721 September 5th, 2023

@Seaworld30 Absolutely, gaining qualifications or improving your skills can significantly increase your financial value. Here are some ways to consider:

1. Higher Education: Pursuing a degree or advanced certifications in your field can open doors to better-paying job opportunities. It's essential to research which qualifications are most valued in your industry.

2. Skill Development: Sometimes, specific skills or certifications can boost your earning potential. For instance, in the tech industry, obtaining certifications in programming languages or cybersecurity can be highly valuable.

3. Professional Development: Attend workshops, seminars, and conferences related to your profession. These can provide valuable knowledge and networking opportunities.

4. Online Courses: Many online platforms offer affordable courses in various fields. Websites like Coursera, edX, and LinkedIn Learning have a wide range of courses and certifications.

5. Career Change: Consider if switching to a different career or industry might offer better financial prospects. This could involve acquiring new qualifications or transferring existing skills to a different context.

6. Networking: Building a strong professional network can lead to opportunities for career advancement and higher-paying roles.

7. Financial Education: Understanding personal finance, investing, and money management can help you make the most of your income and investments.

Remember that investing in your education and skills can be a long-term strategy, but it can lead to improved financial stability and growth in the future. It's crucial to evaluate your goals and interests when deciding which qualifications to pursue.

Chrissylawrence1983 May 9th, 2023

@Orangecat5093 financial wealth is not the key to worthiness of your self even the porrest person can feel worthy of themself and their surroundings wheather or not they have lots of money or not.

if you feel you deserve the things you have feel worthly of them and feel worthy of yourself as you are worthy.

Beautifulmoonlight94 September 26th, 2023

@Orangecat5093 Hi, hope you’re okay? I am so sorry you’re feeling like this, I understand it can be quite overwhelming and challenging, but just know that you’re not alone a lot of people are going through what you’re going through and feeling how you are feeling right now. You are worth so much more then money. Please don’t feel like you aren’t worth anything because you are going through financial difficulties. If you ever want to talk, there are some very caring and amazing listeners on this. Feel free to message them, and know that you’re doing the best you can. It’ll get better. Take a lovely day.

Youssef619 October 6th, 2023

Hello .. I'm sorry you are dealing with this but being poor doesn't mean you have to be abused .. you make value to yourself and others by actions not by money