Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling Stuck

Envisage September 10th, 2019

I'm working at a job that causes me a lot of stress. I want to change careers, but just the process is so overwhelming.

There's so much to research, and so many roadblocks, I get anxious just thinking about it.

I'm anxious to change but too anxious to change.

SecretlyMe February 23rd, 2020

@Envisage I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. Have you made any changes since September? Are you still feeling stuck?

Envisage OP February 26th, 2020

@SecretlyMe

There has been a big change in admin. Lately, things have been much better. I am still unsure of whether or not I want a career change. But, I at least feel a bit more confident lately. Thank you for asking.

SecretlyMe February 26th, 2020

@Envisage That's great laugh

I'm glad things have been better with admin. Are you feeling less stressed and anxious as well?

mysticalSerendipity February 23rd, 2020

@Envisage

You lose in both cases:

You do not change , you get hatred exploitation grom supperrior...shame...

SecretlyMe February 23rd, 2020

@mysticalSerendipity I don't think that's true. I choose to see it differently. I believe that they can find happiness in either choice that they deem more favorable. It first depends which option is more appealing to them. Then it's just about creating a plan to make small goals to reach it.

It doesn't have to seem so impossible. Sometimes it just takes talking it through with someone first. That's why we're all here on 7 cups to get that chance to talk things through and seek peer support.